Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Actual Attention-Getting Needs Improving

HvcTerr

Yeah, so I was at my computer during an Orokin Reactor event that ended 30 minutes ago, with my phone on the desk next to my keyboard running the app the entire time... Either it didn't pick up the alert, or else I didn't notice it's single chime.

It desperately really needs an option to ALARM! the user and require confirmation to dismiss it.

Edited by HvcTerr

That is demonstrably not a solution. How do I know?

In addition to the Orokin Reactor of my original post, since then I already had it set for high volume, and it's "whummm" chime failed to work for an Orokin Catalyst... And then failed AGAIN for a second one, back-to-back! Arrrrrgh.

The stronger alarm features in literally thousands of different smartphone apps are great pieces of circumstantial evidence too.

The app has been improving by leaps and bounds since it was released, but I think you have to admit that actually *alerting* the user about "alerts" is still its current weak-spot.

Edited by HvcTerr

That is demonstrably not a solution. How do I know?

Within the last two hours, I already had it set for high volume, and it's "whummm" chime failed to work for an Orokin Catalyst... And then failed AGAIN for a second one, back-to-back!

The stronger alarm features in literally thousands of different smartphone apps serve are all great circumstantial evidence too.

The app has been improving by leaps and bounds since it was released, but I think you have to admit that actually *alerting* the user about "alerts" is still its current weak-spot.

If it turns out you are having the same issue as a lot of us you could not be getting messages at all.  I was alerted to the first Orokin Catalyst by chance was woken by my phone but it was left with 8 minutes to get on and grab the item...  If that is not the case for you then I would think a temp fix would be to use some portable speakers. Now I know this isn't an ideal fix by any means but it is an idea. It seems that there is indeed an issue with the app see this link near the bottom atm for details. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/44268-problems-with-the-warframe-nexus-android-app/?view=getnewpost

Edited by DreadWolf7

Unfortunately i dont think this is because the app chimes a single time. I have noticed the app fails to gather information after a period of time. The service that Nexus uses tends to hang and every so often i need to go into the app to have it refresh. There are may times that it says there are 2 alerts in the notification bar yet i go into it to look and there is no alerts. 

Like right now. It says 2 active alerts in the notification bar yet i know there is only one because i have Warframe running in my other monitor. 

Edited by cidiantoby

Unfortunately i dont think this is because the app chimes a single time. I have noticed the app fails to gather information after a period of time. The service that Nexus uses tends to hang and every so often i need to go into the app to have it refresh. There are may times that it says there are 2 alerts in the notification bar yet i go into it to look and there is no alerts. 

Like right now. It says 2 active alerts in the notification bar yet i know there is only one because i have Warframe running in my other monitor. 

And you have all the areas unlocked I take it?

The app doesn't know what your username is or what areas your character can access, so it will show all alerts, not just those that are in locations you have unlocked. And in many cases, that's OK, since you may want to ask a friend to invite you along to the mission anyway.

Well that is an interesting bug then. How often has it happend?

All the time as far as i know. I havnt traced it to when the phone goes to sleep, if its timed, or some other factor.

I have a Droid Razr Maxx so it could be that. It could be the phone or the android version.... There is too many ifs.

Well they have got the app working again and I haven't had anymore issues as of late with it not updating but i haven't seen a false alert...   You are right it could be anything at this point.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help to you but I hope that it will get looked into soon.

Try going to suport and opening a ticket as well.