Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excess Resources

Gavaudan

I was thinking as I watched the live stream and the issue was touched upon about what to do with excess resources and how to bring in trading without it becoming a spamfest in the chat:

How about a system where you can donate resources to a pool within the clan, like a storage, that when someone is using the foundry or attempting to, and they are short some materials that they need, they can pull from that donation pool up to a certain percentage of the needed materials. For example: 

Needing 1000 Rubedo, you can pull 500 from the resource pool, but need to have at least 500 of your own. (just an example)

In the foundry is the only time this donation pool is accessible to those looking to use the resources and once donated, it stays in the pool and it can only be used to help supplement the creation of a new, impending item (something you are making then and there), preventing you from being able to sap endless amounts of resources from the pool.

I was thinking this would work out with alleviating some folks who have excess resources and no reason to use them (with the exception of the Dojo coming up) and help those out a bit who are struggling to get items they need.

I'm not too big of a fan of the idea of a trade system, I can see the appeal, but too often it degrades into spam and one-upping or price conflicts, etc.

This is just a simple idea I had about the resource portion of that issue.

I think this would be an excellent idea, although it would require the ability to set extensive restrictions on its use. At the bare minimum, warlords should be able to restrict its usage (0-50%) based on clan member rank. It would also be beneficial to place limits on either how much resources (ie: 1000 rubedo) or how many times (ie: crafting 5 items with the help of clan materials) the clan material pool can be utilized per person in a particular time frame (ie: 1 week). This would prevent obvious abuse of people attempting to join clans simply to jack a ton of materials by crafting 20+ things, then leaving the clan immediately after the crafts are started. I also like placing the max limit at 50%; it makes the feature useful, but not useful enough that it can be exploited by bots with the goal of RMT.

Edit: Also, it would be useful it they allowed you to queue several clan-assisted crafts together before calculating the materials donated by the clan pool. Without this, there would be no point in donating materials that are only used in increments of 1, such as control modules, because of the 50% usage limit.

Edited by Ferghus