The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive As Melee Weapon?

Garth_Tremor

I like using my glaives charge attack It mostly kills an enemy with 1 hit. I'm using +charge dmg, + charge speed, armor piercing to boost this aspect of the weapon. 

Now I'm wondering if I supercharge it and add fury, + normal melee dmg, frost dmg,...

How useful (damaging) is it on higher level mobs (30-50). Some Feedback would be nice on how many strikes does it take to kill an average enemy

Edited by Garth_Tremor

It is not the superkiller that the charge attack is, but with the fury mod, you can toss out a lot of frost dmg over enemies so you can escape and start shooting or throwing again.  

At least that is my experience with it.

First of all, armor piercing damage mods dont do anything for charge attacks as far as i know, so for charge attacks use the other 3 elemental mods.

And as far as using the glaive for light attacks, please dont!! Currently whenever you use the light melee it shakes to whole map for your teammates making the game pretty unplayable if spammed. Please wait until this is fixed. Even i dont use the light melee except for breaking crates.

And as far as mods go - for charged attacks use +charge dmg, + charge speed, and the 3 elemental mods, and to have some good light dps add fury(which also i think makes the glaive fly faster) and sundering strike(or pressure point, but i thing sundering strike is better). When you potato the glaive you can have all those maxed and youll just have to choose between maxed pressure point or sundering strike, or you can have them both and just dont use shocking touch because 30% more electricity dmg is not that much.

First of all, armor piercing damage mods dont do anything for charge attacks as far as i know, so for charge attacks use the other 3 elemental mods.

And as far as using the glaive for light attacks, please dont!! Currently whenever you use the light melee it shakes to whole map for your teammates making the game pretty unplayable if spammed. Please wait until this is fixed. Even i dont use the light melee except for breaking crates.

And as far as mods go - for charged attacks use +charge dmg, + charge speed, and the 3 elemental mods, and to have some good light dps add fury(which also i think makes the glaive fly faster) and sundering strike(or pressure point, but i thing sundering strike is better). When you potato the glaive you can have all those maxed and youll just have to choose between maxed pressure point or sundering strike, or you can have them both and just dont use shocking touch because 30% more electricity dmg is not that much.

AP is a must for every single melee weapon period; it's a 7 point +90% damage mod. It *is* a type of elemental damage most effective against grineer, but it adds flat damage that ignores armor. Fury does not make the glaive fly faster, but it does somewhat speed up the throw animation as well as grant improved slash speed and Fury is really a must for any melee weapon as well for that reason.

AP dmg is just another element type; an element type that armoured enemies have low resistance to.

As such it works perfectly with charge attacks.

I dont know about that. Made a thread to ask if it increases charge attacks dmg and ppl said that it doesnt, thats why i said as far as i know. I honestly need solid proof for that and im not really in the mood for testing xD

Oh and i do know how the mod works dont worry about that.

Edited by overdosed