The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Number Crunching...

Juttyjut69

As much as I hate having to be so worried about numbers I feel like I have to.. Looking at Enemy Vulnerabilities on warframe.wikia.com Im finding out that Fire damage does 2x damage to their legs, So If I have a Snipetron rank 30, with max crit chance, and max crit damage, 50% chance 330% damage. With banshee's sonar doing 4x damage in the orange area, and snipetron ambiently doing 2x damage to Ancients, with a 90% multi shot.. So ever bullet has a 90% chance to shoot another bullet Along with some Max serration, Max Cryorounds and Max Hellfire.. thats (180%) because they take double fire damage, 90% and 165%

My questions start, With multishot, will each bullet have equal chance to do the effect, Fire, Cold, Serration, crit chance, crit damage.

so it would be 2x Leg Shot 2x Snipetron 4x Sonar 3.30x Crit Damage .5x Crit Chance 1.65x Serration

With a 50% chance to crit giving

8712 C

(1.8x Fire  .9x Cold) Applied After

and then have a 90% chance to have a bullet that does all that damage as well, Or does the extra shot only do the damage from the Snipetron's base.

i saw another thread like this, really should stop stressing the numbers on the wiki. many of those are guesses or based on short test. 

some can be derived reliably and some cant. 

as to multi-shot. it shoots two bullets so it will do all the calculations for each bullet. so no its not (results X 2) its (result1 + result2)

dont trust the numbers. they are shifty and known to trick you.

Your snipetron deals AP damage.  Shoot the Ancient in the head, not the boot.  You get headshot damage there.

But I don't understand what you're trying to figure out with all these calculations.  Do you have a question about how mod interact?  The math on that has been posted elsewhere (I read it today and could probably find it again).  Do you want to know what the highest damage per bullet in the game is? That's been worked out in a spreadsheet by a fan more diligent than I.

What numbers worry you?  What question are you engaging us with?  Why are you here?

Looking forward to mitigating your worry!

Sorry for the late response, the reason I got for the foot or the shoulder on ancients is because I always have sonar up whenever I kill them.. Therefore making it more efficient to kill them. I'd LOVE to have those numbers because unfortunately that is exactly why I'm here, is to find the most damage against Ancients in higher leveled waves.

In the sense of how mods interact, that is sort of exactly what I am trying to figure out, is the calculations based upon

100+(100*a)+(100*b)+(100*c)+(100*d)+(100*e)....?

Or is it more of

100*a*b*c*d*e.....?

The numbers are something that I have yet to have a cold hard, YES OR NO answer from.. some have told me to go try it out for myself and compile data that way, Which i've tried with limited success.

I simply want to UNDERSTAND their calculations of their mods, when it comes to crit chance/damage, and how it reacts with serration, and what mods are applied first,... Honestly.. If the community came out with a BEDMAS formula for mods and how they interact..That would be my new bible... second to Warframe.wikia.com :P

From https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/44251-elemental-dmg-mods-stacking/ , a post still on the front page of this forum:

Elemental mods stack additively with each other, and multiplicatively with other mods (as a category).  You essentially deal:

base * (1 + damage mod) * (1 + multishot) * (1 + fire + shock + freeze + arp) * (1 + base crit rate * (1 + crit rate mod) * (base crit damage [usually 50%] + crit damage mod)) on average per shot.

Other multipliers like special melee attacks, banshee boosts, or invisibility melee boost also apply multiplicatively to the whole thing.