The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rifle Balance Disparity

Zhonatta

Every mod you put on the Gorgon can and most likely will be on the Boltor and 1 of which should be a higher rank due to the polarity slot. I fail to see how the Gorgon can do more damage on an armored target using less points and the same mods.

Also I am not saying the Gorgon is broken. I am just saying that it is vastly out damaged in most cases by the 2 other guns.

Since you seem to want proof that the gorgon outshines the boltor vs heavy bosses here you go.

Did two quick solo runs vs the hyena and recorded. The Gorgon is clearly the winner here, doing more damage faster than the Boltor with the same mod loadout. AP Stacks and is treated as elemental damage, so I don't want to hear something akin to "QQ baww you used armor piercing on both when boltor has innate armor penetration." The result would be pretty much the same if i stuck cryo rounds on the polarized slot of the Boltor.

The gorgon very clearly finished the boss several seconds faster, to spite the fact that in the gorgon clip i had to sidestep the shield whereas I did not have to in the boltor clip. The boltor was given the advantage in these two clips and the gorgon still pulled out on top proving beyond any reasonable doubt- that while they're both effective, the gorgon is simply better at heavy bosses than the boltor (which has more utility for non-boss-runs than the gorgon), proving the point i made earlier.

The reason the gorgon outperforms the boltor here is quite simple once you compare the base stats

The Boltor has a base damage of 18 with a fire rate of 8.8 and clip size of 60

The Gorgon has a base damage of 24 with a fire rate of 12.5 and a clip size of 90

Because you get to fully spin up the Gorgon on heavier bosses the damage output is very clearly higher and faster compared to the Boltor.

The boltor is much better for non-boss-runs because it's fire rate doesn't have a spin-up and it's generally a bit more accurate- making it more suited for general purpose runs than the gorgon which is not as accurate, slower to start, but has higher overall DPS.

Overall neither are bad weapons, both are good- but when it comes to practical usage they accel in different areas.

Now, to spite the fact that you're dead wrong about the boltor vs gorgon for heavy bosses- this doesn't change the fact that I do agree with you that in general- pistols are more powerful than rifles and this is a balance issue that should be addressed.

Edited by AnalogAnomaly

well that math is sound but as i said above it would require the person to be able to handle the 10 clicks per second. 

eGDYOjt.jpg

i personally was able to hit 10 without a problem but that may not be the case for everyone, as my room mate behind me was only able to hit 8 as well.

you for example were able to hit 7 per sec in bursts. this would put you at around a dps of 90-95 so about on par with the boltor but with more effort required to do so, this may make the boltor a better choice for you but the basis of what im talking about is the two of them VS th gorgon and it sounds like we are both on the same page there.

I'm curious; how did you reach that number? Not how as in how you managed it, but what was your technique for clicking? Was it in a manner at which you could also aim your weapon in the game accurately, or did you perform the old "hold mouse in left hand, tense muscles and vibrate erratically with right hand" trick to maximize your clicks per second?