The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Heat- Guaranteed One Shots?

7neoxis1337

Im new to the game and my Rank30 Dual heat is doing quite well. It is one shotting everything (non-heavy ofc) even at Puto.

Just wondering if there's another melee weapon that provide more charge damage so I can test it out.

Also, how do I maximise the damage on the Dual Heat?

aaaaaannnnd one favour, where in general do I farm for mods?

Maximum charged damage? Well, first you should consider slapping a catalyst on them, then add all elemental mods and max killing blow.

Also max reflex coil, which decreases charge speed.

In general? Just pick a defense or mobile defense. 20 mods in 15 waves is not unheard of.

Is there a way we could confirm this? I'd love to know.

I'm researching where it says it, but I've heard from multiple people that it ignores armor and my own experience seems to agree. When I use my Scindo, I regularly do around 500ish damage, I think, against normal units (not infested), including armored. This number is resulted from my Charge Damage mod that I have equipped. So I think it's fair to say that it does. 

Melee Charge AttacksEdit

Attacks from a melee weapon using its charge attack generally ignores the armor values of the enemies they are used against. This feature allows the weapon to deal a consistent 100% charge damage for body hits and 200% charge damage for head hits where applicable. Elemental mods and critical hits will be based on full charge damage, making them quite powerful. Sometimes additional damage adjustments to a weapon's charge damage are made based on a weapon's type as noted in the following section.

Melee Charge AttacksEdit
Attacks from a melee weapon using its charge attack generally ignores the armor values of the enemies they are used against. This feature allows the weapon to deal a consistent 100% charge damage for body hits and 200% charge damage for head hits where applicable. Elemental mods and critical hits will be based on full charge damage, making them quite powerful. Sometimes additional damage adjustments to a weapon's charge damage are made based on a weapon's type as noted in the following section.

Awesome thank you. I was just playing mobile defense on Ceres. I removed the melee damage and armor piercing mods on my Glaive and was doing 300 charge damage to armored Grineer.

So the +MeleeDamage% mod "Pressure Point" doesn't increase charge damage at all, correct?

How about crit damage? Does it increase the damage of non-charged crits?

As I understand it, regular and charge damage mods do NOT mix. For example

Weapon A does 5 damage per regular hit and 20 damage per charge it. 

Pressure Point adds 1 damage to a regular hit and Killing blow adds 2 damage to a charge hit. But you do not get 23 damage to your charge hit because the increases are separate. 

Crit damage is only added on when you get a critical hit (Yellow numbers) with either type of strike. I could, however, be wrong about that bit of mechanics. 

As I understand it, regular and charge damage mods do NOT mix. For example

Weapon A does 5 damage per regular hit and 20 damage per charge it. 

Pressure Point adds 1 damage to a regular hit and Killing blow adds 2 damage to a charge hit. But you do not get 23 damage to your charge hit because the increases are separate. 

Crit damage is only added on when you get a critical hit (Yellow numbers) with either type of strike. I could, however, be wrong about that bit of mechanics. 

correct pressure point will not work on charged attacks. crit damage does happen with normal and charged attack but avoid equipping organ shatter for crit damage cause wiki says its not boosting crit damage on charged attacks currently for some reason. 

for OP if you're using a charge weapon you must have max killing blow, reflex coil and fury. yes fury does also work on charged attack speed, with fury + reflex your charge speed will be much faster.

correct pressure point will not work on charged attacks. crit damage does happen with normal and charged attack but avoid equipping organ shatter for crit damage cause wiki says its not boosting crit damage on charged attacks currently for some reason. 

for OP if you're using a charge weapon you must have max killing blow, reflex coil and fury. yes fury does also work on charged attack speed, with fury + reflex your charge speed will be much faster.

I did not know that Fury worked both on Attack and Charge speed. Perhaps that is a bug?

keep the sundering strike on, armor ignore is not the same as armor pierce. AP works exactly like a elemental mod and its very point efficient for the damage it gives and its most effective vs grineer

forgot to answer this one

I think they were doing a test on seeing if Charge Damage was armor ignore, rather than saying "I don't need this AP mod anymore"

Fury does not speed up the charge time by itself but it reduces the time the slash animation takes. So if you spam charged attacks you will get a good boost to damage and it also makes the animation feel less "clunky", by reducing the time until damage is dealt when you let go the button.

xini and kappa are probably the best place to farm mods...ive heard..but ive been getting like 50 point strikes 50 blundersomthing (shot gun crit) 50 organ shatters from kappa and 50 sonic boom, 50 venom and 50 hell fire from xini...mostly common mods...lol the numbers are estimated ofcourse i think theres more than that haha

Gram is a better choice than scindo or fragor for charged melee fighting, as it has a 1.8 second charge speed compared to their 2 second speed. Hitting around 500 base, 1000 when invisible. One shotting heavies all day long!

Gram is a better choice than scindo or fragor for charged melee fighting, as it has a 1.8 second charge speed compared to their 2 second speed. Hitting around 500 base, 1000 when invisible. One shotting heavies all day long!

There are different weapons that are good for different styles of play. Also, such things can be improved with different mods, or damage can be increased with different mods.