The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Special Effects

Sophet

Hey there. Just changed my Strun for Hek and noticed one thing with special effects - when i shoot someone with a shotgun without any elemental damage mods, enemies respond naturally to being hit, like if they are shot in legs the corpse is flipped in the air and falls head down, when they are shot point blank they fly away, which is kinda awesome, i can feel the punch of a shot. But as soon as i install any elemental damage (although i still like the way they explode after frost) it dissapears - they just stand waving their hands, covered in flames. Yes, they are still maimed, they loose their heads and arms, but they stand in the same place, where did all the energy from my shot go? Actually i have the same issue with melee weapons - apparently ninjas don't talk, but it's perfectly fine to run around with a torch behind his back, isn't it a bit weird? Could it all be a bit more emersive, like for example there's already a way to stick a bolt or an arrow in a spot on a mesh, isn't it possible to combust just the points hit, rather then ignite the whole model? Well it's awesome, when you fight a horde of infested in melee, feel yourself kinda like a fantasy knight, standing in the sea of flames on top of ashes of your enemies, but in a gunfight you can't understand anything, there's no alive enemies, dead enemies, big or small ones, corpus cameras, nothing, just everything burning. Wouldn't it be better if it was a nice model, where after you hit a grineer he would be knocked down with only the breach in his armor, created by your shot, blazing? Not to mention logic - MOA's are made of metal, and so is the grineer armor - why are they set aflame, and metal walls don't? And if the elemental nimation is bound to point hit, rather than model hit - it would be the same on a wall and on an enemy, which is rather nice.

Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my mother language

Edited by Sophet