Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert System Suggestion

fallouthirteen

Now I know how much people hate any suggestion the alert system should be changed, but I think I have an idea that would improve it. Just for a preface, the past 5 Orokin items (not counting the 12 hour one from the livestream day) have all been when people in my timezone tend to sleep. So my suggestion is this, a weighted random alert generation based on time blocks.

This system would essentially break the 24 hour clock into say four 6 hour blocks or perhaps eight 3 hour blocks. Then it would assign points to certain alert rewards (where say Orokin items would have the highest point value and artifacts would have relatively lower point values with blueprints in between). Then essentially the system would look at whatever point value the current block has in comparision to the other blocks and say "modify the roll" by a certain amount based on how high or low it is in relation to the average of the other blocks.

What this would basically do for this past week is realize that that late night / early morning (my timezone) block has had 3 or 4 Orokin items (which would be worth a lot of points) and that this current block has only recieved a few blueprints and artifacts (worth medium to low points) and be more likely to generate a "?" reward until it just about matches the other blocks. Once all the blocks are about even it'd then be truely random (unless that randomness eventually favors some blocks) and would once again try to balance the system.

So in short, it wouldn't ensure certain rewards, nor would it put up alerts everyone can get; it'd just be random with the consideration that you can't be online all day, so whatever region or sleep pattern you have you'll end up getting some kind of decent alert reward.