Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Difficulty

DeadlyShadow

I have some suggestions about the new difficulty:

1.Reduce a bit the damage taken by Corpus, they have drones that darins your shields and, other ones that provide shields to the Corpus, that makes it very hard to deal with them, and also those drones hides behind doors, making it hard to destroy them without jumping into the enemies, but the damage of their weapons, should be reduced, your shields are gone very fast, they surround you and you can't move away from them or find cover.

2. Increase the Red Healing Sphere drop rate whe your health is low, now is harder to find red spheres

3. A little more of armor increase would be good

4. Decrase reviving cost, you start off paying 200 and then as you die you have to pay like 4k credits to revive in the same mission, later in other missions the revive costs at the start 1k but you finish paying 6k to revive

Other general suggestions:

1. Replace Volt's speed power with some area damage power, like Ember's fire blast, honestly I think that Speed is the least used power with Volt, add something like a radial shockwave maybe

2.Get rid of the delay in jumping and dodging actions, that really mekes a disconnection between you and the character, and as the gameplay is fluid, these delays breaks gameplay fluidity

3. Also fix dodging after sword attacks, you get stuck and can't dodge until your character puts away the swords

4. The hostage has a gun, he should use it, heplping us to clear the path and get to esxtraction, that way the game would look more natural

5. We should be able to guide the Hostage using the palyer marks (G key)

6. Jumping slash attack sould have an area effect, damage or stunning, it's really hard to hit somethign with this attack, so an area effect would be really useful, even more if the jumping is delayed

Don't take me wrong, the difficulty is fine, but needs some work to be balanced

Edited by DeadlyShadow

actually it would be interesing if we're allowed to Dodge by double-tap W, A, S or D... that'd make it more confortable to dodge

Actually we had this feature in the game a while back. The issue we came across was that since the game is fast paced and involves a lot of switching directions, players were finding that most of their dodges were by accident. Perhaps we'll consider bringing it back in as an option you can turn on or off, if there is enough interest.

Actually we had this feature in the game a while back. The issue we came across was that since the game is fast paced and involves a lot of switching directions, players were finding that most of their dodges were by accident. Perhaps we'll consider bringing it back in as an option you can turn on or off, if there is enough interest.

I'm comfortable with dodging whit shift, but it would be a nice option for other players

Edited by DeadlyShadow

Unreal Tournament solved that issue by implementing a "dodge double-click time" setting. The variable ranged from 0 to 1 and controlled the rapidity with which you had to double-tap. Settings closer to 1 meant that relatively slow double-taps would activate the dodge; closer to 0, and your taps had to be quite fast (which eliminated accidental dodging).

Also, a note on dodging in general: I would suggest enabling shooting while dodging. I was a big UT/U2XMP player, and even I've found little reason to dodge. The idea is great, but in practice its utility is questionable.

I'm comfortable with dodging whit shift, but it would be a nice option for other players

You can also dodge with "V", for me its easier, because when sprinting double tapping shift not always works, instead I press "V" and works as intended :)