Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert System Upcoming Problems In The Future

Thypari2013

No, I mean I'm pretty sure DE has stated that they made prices high because they wanted to discourage buying equipment with platinum, since it takes away from the game.

That makes no sense. Platinum is how they make money, like real world money, if people aren't encouraged to use it the company goes under. If a dev said that I'd say that dev has no sales sense to themselves.

I'm going to have to ask for a source on that ludicrous statement. I'm calling serious BS.

That makes no sense. Platinum is how they make money, like real world money, if people aren't encouraged to use it the company goes under. If a dev said that I'd say that dev has no sales sense to themselves.

I'm going to have to ask for a source on that ludicrous statement. I'm calling serious BS.

This was referring to equipment like frames, their goal seems to be profit from color palettes, slots, potatoes etc.

Scheduled play turns things into a chore, but alerts turn it into a waiting game. 

In the end, aren't these both worse than rewarding player skill (which is a much harder thing to do)?

There are lots of ways player skill is rewarded now, the mastery system for example. DE has said they're currently working on more complicated bosses and enemies, both of these reward player skill. Why should every game feature be biased towards to players who have the most skill?

Edited by Excitonex

There are lots of ways player skill is rewarded now, the mastery system for example. DE has said they're currently working on more complicated bosses and enemies, both of these reward player skill. Why should every game feature be biased towards to players who have the most skill?

How is player skill rewarded with mastery? It's pure time investment.

Edited by Argoms

Complicated bosses/enemies I can understand, but how mastery system is rewarding skill ?! o.O (AFAIK, mastery system is just levelling, which can be done easily by killing easy enemies)

Also, I agree not every feature of a game should reward skill. I like games where skill is the only thing that matters, that is why I love to play Smite (a MOBA). But I also like to play a casual pve once in a while. Only thing I hate is limitless grind. I like to have options to avoid grind, either by skill and/or platinum.

Perhaps for now, the first 9 ranks. What happens if DE has 50 mastery ranks planned and these ones are just child's play? Even so, I'm sure there are people who won't be able to make it to mastery rank 9 due to the tests and may end up being locked out of higher tier weapons. The mastery system clearly rewards player skill.

Perhaps for now, the first 9 ranks. What happens if DE has 50 mastery ranks planned and these ones are just child's play? Even so, I'm sure there are people who won't be able to make it to mastery rank 9 due to the tests and may end up being locked out of higher tier weapons. The mastery system clearly rewards player skill.

No, it doesn't.

You're assuming a hypothetical situation that we aren't sure will happen. The current system does not in any way reward player skill.

IMHO a good system, which promotes and rewards skill, has following attributes :-

1. It provides a situation which is apparently difficult for new players/first-timers.

2. It allows players to repeat it as often as he/she like, to practice.

3. The player (unless mentally deranged or simply unwilling) gradually improves and learns how to deal with it.

From what I have seen in mastery tests, it doesnt fulfill any of those :

1. It was not difficult at all, actually it was pathetically easy, so easy that I wanted to laugh at Lotus' face.

2. It doesnt allow us to repeat as often as we like, it has a 24 hour gap.

3. There is nothing much to improve in it, it contains everything we face in usual maps, and that too a bit easier than that.