Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founding Master Tenno Returning And Reporting For Duty! (Requested Post)

DomoSapien

....I'm going to attempt to explain why certain individuals here think you interviewed yourself. Now as a disclaimer I am not siding with them nor am I siding with you because I don't know what is the truth. But I did read the entirety of your original post and here is why I think some individuals feel like you are interviewing yourself...it's actually very simple.

You say 9 people asked you to make a post about "A", because "A" is an anomaly. Yet you fail to mention any of the 9 individuals who you claim to have made the request. In the actual journalistic world that would be like a journalist saying he or she had 9 different sources that commented on an event/situation/etc but weren't able to name or quote any of them and then went ahead and developed a story and disclaimed that story with the premise that 9 different individuals supported it.

I'm an XBone player so it's impossible for me, but if I was a PC player it would be if I created a post and just said 9 players asked me to talk about "A" because they told me "A" was an anomaly and people wanted to know about "A". Do you see how someone might come onto my post and tell me it sounds rather presumptious to say the least?

Once again I am not taking your side or the other individual's side. But that's why it may be construed that you are interviewing yourself.

But as a non-founding member playing on a non-founding platform, "Welcome back."

Getting the 'truth' of which you speak would inquire you to read not only the OP but the rest of the pages of replies as well as I go MORE in depth about why I did this. Even with my answers, some people refuse to believe me which is fine. It really makes no difference whether people think I have some nefarious agenda or not... which I don't.

Also, as I've said in later replies, or at least hinted at, I'm a very active forum-writer across dozens of websites. Many other websites are fairly accepting of posts like these simply for the time, dedication, and organization... which is what people are attacking as the first thing (Long post apparently = full of self).

As for the part of not mentioning the names, for starters, it wasn't really a thought to write down the names of the folks. I didn't exactly decide to write this until the 6-7th person out of the 9 that told me. And even so, I don't recall thinking that this would be a big project or anything serious. And it isn't (though some people just straight up lost their marbles over it). And you're correct in stating that in the journalistic world, quoting sources or giving them a nod would be canon. I know this to be true because my Aunt is actually a journalist (She's a newscaster but in the spirit of trying to keep us on the same page, I'm saying journalist. Same thing). But the thing is... I'm not a journalist. I don't intend to be. I haven't been trained as a journalist. And other than what little speckles I've learned from my Aunt over the years, I have no idea HOW to be a journalist.

I'm a FORUM writer. I'm a forum writer who loves grammar, organization, and making complex posts. Over the years, I've picked up many things from different forums that apply to my style. And going back to the quoting thing now that I've made full circle to my point (Again, I struggle to make things short. I like detail. My apologies), if I had actually thought about and planned to quote people in this post, I probably wouldn't have anyway and that's because I've learned the negativity of name-dropping thanks to the League of Legends forums. That community isn't too terribly fond of long posts either. And the devs (for logical reasons) realize that the community is pretty harsh and don't wish for name drops whether it be in a positive or negative light because the name-dropped player would most likely be harassed. And if you've noticed, not everyone on this post has exactly been friendly. And I doubt they'd be friendly when going to search for the answers from the people that encouraged me to make this post.

Now I can't be sure that'd happen here on these forums, but it's simply as I had stated before: I've taken certain rules into my writings on the internet from past experiences. And while my writing ethics might not line up with other peoples 'ethics' (More appropriately: expectations), it's how I've been conditioned into writing.

(INB4 League of Legends community hate-train + some inflammatory garbage because I play League.)

EDIT PS: I actually have the second guy on my friendlist. He was just legitimately super nice and friendly. And even while I have his name, I refuse to drop it here (ESPECIALLY after seeing all the negativity) to prevent the POSSIBILITY of him getting harassed.

Edited by 8BitRager