Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Save Your Current Arsenal / Payload

Korashen

So, a few days ago, I was running around and leveling a new Warframe and new weapons together, as an Alert came in.

The Alert was on a high-level map, so with my low-level warframe and rifle, I wasn't able to take it.

I needed to go the the Arsenal, uninstall all my nice mods from my current payload, change the payload itself and reinstall the nice mods.

And after the Alert was done, I had to redo everything to continue leveling the new stuff.

This is quite nagging and anoying, and also a bit time consuming, why I'm comming up with this suggestion:

There is the posibility to save your current payload, containing:

- The used Warframe

- The mods, installed in the Warframe

- All equipped weapons

- The mods, installed in the equipped weapons

- The player can enter a name for the Save-Slot

There is the posibility to load a previously saved payload, containing:

- The saved Warframe

- The mods, installed in the saved Warframe

- All saved weapons

- The mods, installed in the saved weapons

There is the posibility to delete a saved payload, flushing the save slot empty.

Let's have this in a small and simple example:

1) I have a Level 60 Warframe with a bunch of good mods equipped, also my equipped weapon are pretty devestating

2) I save this layout as "Uber-God-Super-Delux-Killer"

3) I uninstall all mods and change the Warframe and Weapons, then install the mods to the new equipped stuff.

4) Time goes by whit the low-level stuff

5) I load the "Uber-God-Super-Delux-Killer" and I'm ready to go with the high-level stuff, saved in step 1

6) As I have not saved the low level stuff, I have to manually change back to the low-level equipment.

With the posibility to save payloads, you can easily make yourself a payload versus Infected, and one versus Corpus, and one versus other stuff. Also you can simply change between your different payloads, to quickly match the needs of your upcoming mission.

Similar to the Warframe- and Weapons-Slots in the Inventory, there could be a "Payload-Save" Slot.

Every Player can initially have 1 or 2 Slots, to save their favorite payload. For some Platinum, the player can buy himself another Slot.

What do you think about it? Any concerns or suggestions?

I do believe it's typically referred to as a "loadout," but that's beside the point.

Instead of having a save-load function, just have several loadout that you can select, edit, and switch away from, like TF2. God, I hate bringing up other games when making suggestions.

Or u could just mod every weapon and frame.

Would be a possible way, but also a very cost- and time-intense way to do. Which could be a way for player, who do not want to buy several Save-Slots for Platinum.

Not to get off topic, but it begs to be combined with underclocking. Otherwise, if you upgrade your mods outside of a snapshot, or fuse or sell it away then you'll break your ability to re-create the loadout.

The loadouts could be "cross checked" while upgrading mods, like it refuses to upgrade a mod installed in an item, but someone is going to upgrade their mod outside of a snapshot and then be upset about it breaking multiple loadouts.

At least it needs an icon to indicate that it is included in a loadout.

That's a good argument, hywod, haven't thought about that at all!

I thought about it and came to three maybe-possible solutions:

1) It is only stored that "Mod XYZ on level 123" is stored. On load, a matching mod will be searched and used. If no matching mod is found, it will simply be skipped.

--> Which is a bit stupid, as, if you upgrade a mod, you won't have it in your snapshot anymore.

2) The unique id of the mod-object is stored. On load, the exact mod will be loaded. Means, if a user upgrades a mod, the mod will still be in the snapshot (assuming, mods won't become a new object when upgraded)

--> Which might be problematical, as if you upgrade a mod and by that exceed the slot capacity of the stored Warframe. What then? Skip it out? Bring up a warning? Hm...

3) On upgrading a mod, it will be checked it this mod is in a stored loadout. If so, it will be checked if the upgrade would exceed the slot capacity? If so, deny upgrade.

I haven't tried it out yet, but what happens, if you upgrade a mod, that you have currently equipped, but the upgrade whould then exceed the Warframes slot capacity?

3) On upgrading a mod, it will be checked it this mod is in a stored loadout. If so, it will be checked if the upgrade would exceed the slot capacity? If so, deny upgrade.

I haven't tried it out yet, but what happens, if you upgrade a mod, that you have currently equipped, but the upgrade whould then exceed the Warframes slot capacity?

I don't think it should deny the upgrade, It should instead give a confirmation screen saying "This mod is currently equipped in another loadout, and will be unequipped upon upgrade. Confirm upgrade?"

easier to code, and encourages the player to check their other loadouts before following through with the upgrade.

i've brought this up many times in many similar threads, and will continue to do so. There was for a short time a feature that allowed you to save and load your current loadout to a 'loadout preset' that you could name accordingly and didn't seem to have any limits to the number of presets you could make. It only existed in-game for about a week and was removed because it was 'incomplete' I'm hoping it will make it's return soon as even being 'incomplete' it was extremely useful.