Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polarity And Odd-Number Energies

Astamurti

I don't know how intentional it is, but it seems somewhat counterproductive to the point of the polarity slots that so many mods have their max level as an odd number. For warframes at least, with so many mod slots and all frame abilities starting at an even number and then gaining 3 levels for an odd one, it results in a lot of lost rounded half points. This gets rather annoying, especially on frames sans potato.

From what I've noticed (and using wiki info as a reference), most frame abilities boosted to max are totally worth the extra point cost.  While the first two upgrades will only cost 1 point because of the halved polarity bonus, the last extra upgrade will give the same or even more benefit to the base ability.  It works out since it costs the same amount of fusion to boost the ability.  The first upgrade does very little and sometimes nothing.

Other mods don't have this same kind of tradeoff.  However, your favorite weapon may not even have the polarity you need for a certain mod so maxing it out may give you the best bang for your mod slot.  I think this customization works out in the end.

I figured it was intentional and I'm okay with it.

Playing the devil's advocate here:

This could be considered a trade off of boosting your ability.

That's what I thought for quite some time, until I recalled that not all (and some of the best) mods do have a even number as there max level. Hornet strike for example is nice and even.