Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Uh, What's The Deal With This 'orion' Game On Steam?

JefPlays

I swear, that thing is on free weekend all the time. Are they that desperate for sales?

(At the same time though, I have looked into its history... so either it's still that crappy or they're pushing really hard to break out of that. I have no idea)

They just recently had a major update to the game, and they put it on free weekend to promote it probably.

Yeah, sure, but I swear they do it like, once a month at least...

I don't even.

Edited by Jeffrey94

Orion used to cost like 30 bucks, this may sound weird but I think the developers have decided they've made enough from it. Especially since it's like a dollar now. I mean really? how many early access games start out high in price only to go down? It's also changed it's name twice. It was Orion: Dino Beatdown, then Orion: Dino Horde, then Orion: Prelude

However it does have a lot of content and it's a pretty decent game, especially for LANs, so since it's only a dollar I'd recommend it.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

I actually bought it while it was still expensive. It's not very creative at all, but it's very videogamey - you have three classes, you defend an objective, you get attacked by larger enemies, you get vehicles from shops, etc.

And despite the lack of polish and improvement - it works. It's a game that is good despite all the signs (ripping music from flash games) pointing towards it being bad. Really weird, most people probably prefer KF, but there you go.

This is how they make all of their money. Lots of people pay because "its only a dollar". I personally stopped buying games off of steam because all I ever play is warframe.

I say it because it's a fully fledged game. It's not some lazy 5 minutes and you've done everything in the game like almost every other 1 dollar standard price game on steam, 1 dollar isn't sale price, it's standard price. For those of you who are interested you should check it out:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/104900/