Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Warframe Concept) Eidolon, The Nightmare Frame - Format And Skill Changes (07/02)

Synthoid

sorry.... I got most of it but I got a little confused at the end....could you possibly do a little thing on ms paint of his head? just a really simple one then I think il know how he looks and then I can draw the head.

if its too much hassle lemme know

sorry.... I got most of it but I got a little confused at the end....could you possibly do a little thing on ms paint of his head? just a really simple one then I think il know how he looks and then I can draw the head.

if its too much hassle lemme know

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. If it's not a pencil or brush of some kind I can't make art worth S#&$. What exactly gets you confused though? Maybe I can clarify it.

im a little confused of where the fangs are and how exactly the horns look....and you said he had a collar covering part of his face? is it like mesas but taller?

Yes, it's like Mesa's, but taller. Probably armor like or metal. The fangs and horns are both the same long strips of metal. The horns sort of curve along with the head. Does that explain anything?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I haven't touched this in forever for a variety of reasons, one of which being that until a few weeks ago my laptop was unusable. But in that time we've had Ivara announced, an archery-based Warframe with multiple stealth capabilities. With that in mind.... Eidolon's current identity as a stealth-focused Warframe seems somewhat redundant. So I'm asking; should I stick to it? Should I reinvent Eidolon? Or should I consider working on a new, different idea?

So I haven't touched this in forever for a variety of reasons, one of which being that until a few weeks ago my laptop was unusable. But in that time we've had Ivara announced, an archery-based Warframe with multiple stealth capabilities. With that in mind.... Eidolon's current identity as a stealth-focused Warframe seems somewhat redundant. So I'm asking; should I stick to it? Should I reinvent Eidolon? Or should I consider working on a new, different idea?

It would be possible to just discuss ideas generally for Eidolon as a Warframe before any major decisions are made - maybe discuss stealth further, seeing if Eidolon still has the potential, before reinventing the Warframe.

I mean, this is a rather different take on stealth. Honestly the only thing I can say that needs to be changed is that the Ulti having a base range of 200 Meters is ridiculously OP. You could use Narrow Minded and Primed Cont. on that to max your duration out and have no problems making the ability effective. I would say make the base range 50 at most, and probably something more like 30.

I love it. Really dark.

BUT! I really envision this as an extremely high shield, but very low health and armour Frame. Like 200 shields base, and only 50 health, and 15 armour.

Nightmare warframe and I'm on board, but maybe you should call it Freddy or The Babadook, really you should call it Shadow

Would you really take a Nightmare Frame seriously if they were named Babadook?

EDIT: I also feel like #3 is a bit lackluster. As anyone who has played Nyx knows, enemy weapons are very weak against eachother. I have a replacement suggestion. It is a mobility ability.

Shadow Transit: Eidolen turns into pure shadow, gaining increased movement speed, and able to traverse all terrains.

Basically, remember how Death Eaters from Harry Potter turn into a pillar of black smoke and fly around? Same thing here. Eidolen gains the ability to move around in 3-dimensions, like Wukong's Cloudwalker, and gaines increased damage resistance. 
Edited by PrVonTuckIII

It would be possible to just discuss ideas generally for Eidolon as a Warframe before any major decisions are made - maybe discuss stealth further, seeing if Eidolon still has the potential, before reinventing the Warframe.

Yeah, that makes sense. Any feedback or ideas?

I mean, this is a rather different take on stealth. Honestly the only thing I can say that needs to be changed is that the Ulti having a base range of 200 Meters is ridiculously OP. You could use Narrow Minded and Primed Cont. on that to max your duration out and have no problems making the ability effective. I would say make the base range 50 at most, and probably something more like 30.

The 200 meter thing is probably because to be honest... I don't necessarily know how long a meter is by sight alone. Trying to judge that in Warframe is even more difficult. I just went with what seemed to fit.

I love it. Really dark.

BUT! I really envision this as an extremely high shield, but very low health and armour Frame. Like 200 shields base, and only 50 health, and 15 armour.

Would you really take a Nightmare Frame seriously if they were named Babadook?

EDIT: I also feel like #3 is a bit lackluster. As anyone who has played Nyx knows, enemy weapons are very weak against eachother. I have a replacement suggestion. It is a mobility ability.

Shadow Transit: Eidolen turns into pure shadow, gaining increased movement speed, and able to traverse all terrains.

Basically, remember how Death Eaters from Harry Potter turn into a pillar of black smoke and fly around? Same thing here. Eidolen gains the ability to move around in 3-dimensions, like Wukong's Cloudwalker, and gaines increased damage resistance. 

I get what you mean, but as a stealth-focused frame his 3 isn't meant for damage so much as it is infiltration. Possess an enemy, then walk to wherever you need while leaving the rest of the enemies none the wiser. If you can get there before the duration runs out, at least.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...