Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charity Marathon O3O [Rpg Limit Break]

DiosGX

Gettin' up in this hood! o 3o

The marathon has begun. Link is at the bottom.

The Crystals for Life Final Fantasy-only marathon has been axed in favor of the brand spanking new

RPG LIMIT BREAK

Noteworthy titles included in this marathon: Disgaea, Skyrim, Earthbound, Final Fantasy Tactics, Crystalis, Pokemon Black, Final Fantasy 6 and Lufia 2. A full list is at the end.

This month from the 12th to the 16th, a week-long marathon benefiting the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).

In short, it will be streamed live (24 hours a day, NON-STOP!) via Twitch TV. As is a common trend with our marathons, donations will be put into raffles for prizes when donated during a game.

For example, donating five bucks during a Final Fantasy 6 run will enter you into a drawing for Final Fantasy 6-related prizes. These are usually pearlers (google them if you don't know), but in some rare cases someone will donate an actual cart or disc of one of these games. In such cases, you're getting a rare $200+ game for a few bucks. Well worth the ticket!

I have actively been a part of these group's marathons (Speed Demos Archive and Speed Runs Live) ever since they began about five years ago. Whether it be donating prizes or spreading the word, I can't actually donate direct cash to them so I do my part in spreading the word.

All in all we have raised literal millions of dollars for the Prevent Cancer Foundation and Doctors Without Borders. The latter of which recently CONTAINED EBOLA OUTBREAKS so they are a pretty good cause to support.

I would advise downloading mIRC to participate in a non-twitch chat during the marathon proper. Twitch chat is often messy and chaotic. The standard mIRC chat is much more tolerable. It's hard to moderate a chat with 15,000 people in it. o_O;

100% of all donations go directly to NAMI. Not one single cent is kept for administrative costs or overhead and never will be.

o3o

---

What is NAMI?

"NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI advocates for access to services, treatment, supports and research and is steadfast in its commitment to raise awareness and build a community for hope for all of those in need."

For more information, visit nami.org

---

http://www.twitch.tv/ rpglimitbreak  (remove the space. I didn't want it to auto-embed is all)

Edited by DiosGX