Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] "prestige System" And Why We Need It.

IlIlllIO0pallaO0IlIlIlIl

Intro:

DE mentioned "Prestige System" several times during the livestreams. They were thinking of implementing it and I just wanted a dedicated post where we can discuss: a) Why it is a good idea, b) how will they change the game, c) how "Prestige System" should/would/IMO be implemented.

Prestige System is a system allowing users to add/change polarity slots in their weapons, and possible on warframes.

My Implementation of the System:

The basic implementation details are rather simple.

1. Costs "valuable/precious" resources, such as: a) can only be used on max level equipments, and they will be reduced to 0 level b) perhaps even consume player Rank c) consume large amounts of credits and foundary materials.

2. Every empty slots can be polarized, every polarity slots can be changed, but each change or addition will require the resources mentioned above.

Advnatages:

1. Ranking up: Since DE mentioned "premium weapons" perhaps available on higher ranks, it makes sense for players to increase their Ranks as much as possible. However, currently there are not enough weapons and warframes to get to the higher Ranks without selling weapons and using duplicate weapons. This process is both repetitive and more importantly unrewarding.

2. Customization: Adding and change polarity slots can greatly affect gameplay. The system allows players to build weapons and warframes to tailor their play style. Also, I think this is one of the easier-to-implement ways to give each players more distinction/difference.

3. Tolerance for Higher Difficulty: DE can now introduce higher-I mean MUCH MORE BRUTAL- enemies and levels since players can upgrade their equipment further.

4. Replayability + "Makes sense to own duplicates of a weapon": As mentioned above, polarity modifying allows for more gameplay time and rewards. Also, it now makes sense for players to own multiples of a same weapon, since different polarities can make drastically different weapons.

Disadvantages:

1. Game-breaking: the cost of each modifications should be high enough to balance out the possible "easy mode".

Can't think of other disadvantages other than DE might have to slave away a bit more to make more MODS!

Extensions:

These are possible changes to the implementation.

1. Potatoes-reactor/catalyst- no longer double the mod energy, but increases the actual mod slots and slight increase in energy pool. Eg, one potatoed Kraken now has 10 mod slots instead of 8 and 40 energy instead of 30. People might be able to use multiple potatoes: mod slots increase from 8->10->12. After all, with 60 energy and three polarity slots, you can equip a weapon with all max leveled mods.

1b. Another approach to the above would be a different weapon upgrade...let's call this carrot. A carrot will increase mod slots by 2 and energy by 10. You can either put a carrot on a weapon or a good ol' potato.

2. Increasing cost with each polarity addition:but not 2X or 3X! That's just too much!

3. Changing cost of a polarity change to: need a weapon and a duplicate of the weapon. Both have to be max leveled. One weapon is consumed during the polarity addition/change. No other cost. This will make weapons that are harder to craft-usually better ones- harder to upgrade. Also, it keeps DE rich with larger demand for weapons ;)

Edited by IlIlllIO0pallaO0IlIlIlIl

i think you're totally over thinking it. a simple, weapon xp back to zero grind it back to 30 is more than enough of a cost for prestige-ing a weapon in my opinion.

also as far as easy mode goes DE has said they're going to come out with additional difficulties to please the hardcore/casual crowd. i'm sure if you have a fully potatoed, fully prestiged gun you can go play on INSANE difficulty and possibly survive

Edited by Jaxomfaux

Intro:

DE mentioned "Prestige System" several times during the livestreams. They were thinking of implementing it and I just wanted a dedicated post where we can discuss: a) Why it is a good idea, b) how will they change the game, c) how should they be implemented.

Oh boy. Okay, i play along:

a) Prestige might be a good idea... your ideas are all bad.

b) It will change the game as much as adding a sticker to your cars bumper saying "I was there last year".

c) What's they and why do you ask such a stupid question?

The only thing DE said, as you already quoted, was: Prestige System is a system allowing users to add/change polarity slots in their weapons, and possible on warframes.

So i wonder... why is your Thread so long? DE's statement is so elegant and short and says way more than you try to. We...can change.... polarities. YAY!

Do me a favor, take your Thread and come back when DE has actually implemented a new feature until you try to "better" and "rewrite" it.

Thanks.

P.s.: FYI.. DE is doing their job way better than you think you could do it.

The concept is great because it allows the player to continue ranking up Mastery without being forced to use a weapon or frame we dislike, like we do now. Instead we can just reset back to level 0 after hitting 30 and get a little customization to boot!

advantages

1. agree that if the prestige system that involved dropping levels was added one of the biggest pluses is that it would allow players to continue gaining rank

3. the thing is that this system by design would reduce difficulty, thus making it much harder to balance the higher ends of difficulty.

4. I don't really think it add much that replay ability though it does give players something to aim for.

disadvantages

1. the thing is though if you try to balance for someone whom is much higher level of "prestige" rather then the starting player then you end up with the new player feeling more alienated and not being able to advance easily. So some other solution would have to be found.

extensions

1. I'd really hate to deal with extra potatoes. And to be honest I would much rather they reduce the amount of points gained from the to around 20 or even 15 that way people would be given allot more breathing room. And over all if they did introduce a system like this (and they most likely are) then I'd rather they give in more to the deck like style and get rid of the limited slots we have now.

3. that would just be plain annoying for everyone involved.

The concept is great because it allows the player to continue ranking up Mastery without being forced to use a weapon or frame we dislike, like we do now. Instead we can just reset back to level 0 after hitting 30 and get a little customization to boot!

You got it wrong if you thin you're being "forced" to do something...in no way are you forced to buy new weapons. What about "Mastery" is hard to understand? If you want to rank up you have to "master" the weapon types as well as the weapons, boring or awesome...Same goes for frames, gotta "master" the different frames and abilities and all that. Basically  it makes sense that we should master the weapons and frames to climb the "Mastery ladder". DE hasn't touched on the whether or not a weapon/frame will grant you mastery points once more. But it would be the viable option to go with since atm there's no huge plans set for adding tons of weapons and frames to contribute mastery points, seeing as how some players are stuck at Rank 9.

You got it wrong if you thin you're being "forced" to do something...in no way are you forced to buy new weapons. What about "Mastery" is hard to understand? If you want to rank up you have to "master" the weapon types as well as the weapons, boring or awesome...Same goes for frames, gotta "master" the different frames and abilities and all that. Basically  it makes sense that we should master the weapons and frames to climb the "Mastery ladder". DE hasn't touched on the whether or not a weapon/frame will grant you mastery points once more. But it would be the viable option to go with since atm there's no huge plans set for adding tons of weapons and frames to contribute mastery points, seeing as how some players are stuck at Rank 9.

...Did you mean to quote someone else?  Your reply didn't answer Un1ted's post above.

...Did you mean to quote someone else?  Your reply didn't answer Un1ted's post above.

Nope, I have seen plenty similar posts to see where it was going, and he did not post a question so there was nothing to answer to, just saying that he's not forced to do anything.

Nope, I have seen plenty similar posts to see where it was going, and he did not post a question so there was nothing to answer to, just saying that he's not forced to do anything.

I just now noticed the part of the statement of his that you were replying to (which was the "The concept is great because it allows the player to continue ranking up Mastery without being forced to use a weapon or frame we dislike, like we do now." part), so I withdraw my objection completely.

And just to agree with the point you were making, having to master more weapons to 30 to increase your overall rank is something I have no problem with.  It's the direct equivalent of someone being more experienced and higher ranked in warfare due to being experienced with more sorts of weapons.

a) Prestige might be a good idea... your ideas are all bad.

b) It will change the game as much as adding a sticker to your cars bumper saying "I was there last year".

c) What's they and why do you ask such a stupid question?

The only thing DE said, as you already quoted, was: Prestige System is a system allowing users to add/change polarity slots in their weapons, and possible on warframes.

So i wonder... why is your Thread so long? DE's statement is so elegant and short and says way more than you try to. We...can change.... polarities. YAY!

Do me a favor, take your Thread and come back when DE has actually implemented a new feature until you try to "better" and "rewrite" it.

Thanks.

P.s.: FYI.. DE is doing their job way better than you think you could do it.

a) I would love to know why you think that way-and I'm not being sarcastic.

c) Fixed, hopefully it is more readable now.

Well, apart from the Extensions-I called them such since they are as I said, extensive and not really necessary- I don't think the basic implementations are bad. If you don't want to spend additional resources, but just 30 lvl reset? That's fine too. Although, I've read your post on Thunderbolt and I -like you- appreciate grinding, especially if I think the reward is worth it.

I think a lot of you are misunderstanding me. I opened up this topic so that a) to show my enthusiasm for this feature and hopefully DE will add it into the game, b) possible extensions-AKA ideas that I came up with- that DE might be interested in.

Everything in this post are constructive: they are ideas and opinions. I doubt I can do a better job than DE in making this game nor do I have time for it, but there is no harm done in saying out loud my opinions. IMO, I think some people need to relax a bit.

Edited by IlIlllIO0pallaO0IlIlIlIl

correct me if i'm wrong but why are you ranking every weapon to 30 to gain mastery points when you don't need to, just buy a 2nd (insert weapon you love here) and rank that.

and no. once i potatoe a weapon it should damn well stay that way. or i'll cry.

Edited by Jaxomfaux

I would like to point out that there is a "prestiging" coming in U8 (if Im not mistaken, if I am its still there just in the works), and its along the lines of a re-birth(name I have heeard, go to the search tool and look up rebirth). So yea, great idea. Its in.

correct me if i'm wrong but why are you ranking every weapon to 30 to gain mastery points when you don't need to, just buy a 2nd (insert weapon you love here) and rank that.

That's what I meant by weapon duplicates, and I've done that few times:Lex, not because I "loved" it, but it was easy to level.

I think the polarity modification costing a full level weapon reset is a more...sensible than just buying duplicate weapons.

Also, ranking up Lex twice-thrice without no special reward is rather dull.

and no. once i potatoe a weapon it should damn well stay that way. or i'll cry.

Each  weapon gives mastery one time. Buying X weapon 2 times does not grant 2x mastery, the second time you get nothing. Not sure if t hat changes with the rebirth system, but i doubt it.

Each  weapon gives mastery one time. Buying X weapon 2 times does not grant 2x mastery, the second time you get nothing. Not sure if t hat changes with the rebirth system, but i doubt it.

What?

Does that mean my second Lex was a waste of time?!

Damn it, couldn't tell with Fang that was also leveling at the same time.

What?

Does that mean my second Lex was a waste of time?!

Damn it, couldn't tell with Fang that was also leveling at the same time.

This is the consensus, as I have read and seen, I have not personally tested it, but I believe its in the WIKI and been stated here a few times. Its close enough to truth that I havent felt the need to test it.

I guess what they could do with prestiging a class or weapon is have different design unlocks for doing it so many times.  Or what they could do is have a elite tier after completing the 30 levels and have special unlocks happen after that at whatever increment they choose.  That way playing a maxed out character/weapon doesn't feel pointless.  Unlocks could be minor bonuses to the base stats ranging from jump height for the Warframe, crit chance of the weapon or something cosmetic.  Maybe have it where the player chooses the bonus at each unlock so each weapon is different and unique to the player besides what mods he has loaded in on the weapon.

I just now noticed the part of the statement of his that you were replying to (which was the "The concept is great because it allows the player to continue ranking up Mastery without being forced to use a weapon or frame we dislike, like we do now." part), so I withdraw my objection completely.

And just to agree with the point you were making, having to master more weapons to 30 to increase your overall rank is something I have no problem with.  It's the direct equivalent of someone being more experienced and higher ranked in warfare due to being experienced with more sorts of weapons.

I've made the mistake of overlooking details before, so no problem there, but yeah I just like the concept DE brought into the leveling system in the game, "You want to rank up, EARN it" (pretty much : p). Makes sense and it's fair, so I'll agree with it, but hey they might change the way ranking up works once the game releases : o