Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De: Please Fix Thunderbolt,handspring,retribution Droprates Before Update 8

Namacyst

Noone can tell me that those mods are supposed to be THAT rare.

Everyone i talked to is farming those Mods for weeks in the right spots from Mobs lvl 20+ without a single Drop.

Every single OTHER Rare Mod dropped within the time i farmed those 3 mods, most of them multiple times.

95% of all people (that i know, play with or see) that have one of those mods have it either throught Event-Reward, Platinum purchase or Mod-Packs from the Market.

If it is really your intend to release new Mods at those droprates so that they are so rare that you can farm a long long time without getting them until you finally buy them from the shop then i am really disappointed.

But if it's just a mess-up in your numbers and the dropchance should not be that low (which i hope)... then 24006556.jpg

....before Update 8 hits so i have something to do until then.

Edited by Namacyst

....before Update 8 hits so i have something to do until then.

Just some hope for something to do. There are 2 warframes coming. I know nothing else about nothing else, but at least there is that.

I don't think they are going to fix it because of this.

https://warframe.com/buyplatinum

It's so rare and almost impossible to get from farming to encourage people buying the platinum. You probably can count with your fingers how many players got these mods from the mission. Luckily, these mods are not that great since there are better and more useful mods. Maybe, thunderbolt is worth mentioning but not for long until you get bored of it.

Back in diablo 2 there were some items that had less than 0.001% chance to drop and that was part of the fun. Knowing that you could farm Mephs or Baals for months, throwing out hundreds of items with the same name just because they had 1% of some stat missing, was all part of the game. When you finally got what you wanted it felt rewarding. Are you going to feel rewarded when you have thunderbolt but it's as common as serration?

Rare in a game means more than exclusivitiy, it means that most of the content in the game can't be balance for that item because it is assumed most people don't have it. So when you have something rare in a game like Warframe you inherently have something powerful. Making mods like this more common defeats their purpose.

Back in diablo 2 there were some items that had less than 0.001% chance to drop and that was part of the fun. Knowing that you could farm Mephs or Baals for months, throwing out hundreds of items with the same name just because they had 1% of some stat missing, was all part of the game. When you finally got what you wanted it felt rewarding. Are you going to feel rewarded when you have thunderbolt but it's as common as serration?

Rare in a game means more than exclusivitiy, it means that most of the content in the game can't be balance for that item because it is assumed most people don't have it. So when you have something rare in a game like Warframe you inherently have something powerful. Making mods like this more common defeats their purpose.

Your entire assertion (and this being viable in game design) presumes one thing: Rare = powerful/useful. This is not the case, the rarest mods in the game are not the most powerful nor the most useful, I would actually assert that they are the most novel. In ragnarok online, a .01% card drop could be the unique hinging point of a whole build, it could give you a skill you didn't have before, it could even make you entirely magic immune for a tradeoff. Rare items in games create scarcity and elongate the grind as a trade for having something better than the rest of the population of the game. Considering people *already know* the best builds for every weapon, and deviating from these is a reduction in power for personal preference, essentially a cosmetic change for lower DPS.

For a card to deserve a really rare drop rate it needs some serious potency, and it has to be able to contend with a slot in the best builds for a weapon. I would honestly like weapon specific mods that are more powerful than standard mods or something of the like to occupy the ".01%" rarity tier, because as is the rarest cards are just "neat", not powerful or useful.

Agreed some "rare" and "uncommon" mods are ridiculously hard to obtain.

I can live with certain mods, thunderbolt handspring and retribution, being ultra - rare, but can we have this stated on the mod cards. A new level of "ultra - rare" mods would atleast give us a sense that these are especially hard to get, and not give us false hope that they can be obtained as easily as warframe cards.

You know, I have farmed constantly for these three mods in the past two weeks, I have not found one of them. Fact is, after every mission I read the log to see what mods everyone found. During all this time, there was only ONE instance where one of the three mods dropped.

Just a lucky thunderbolt drop for a party member from a corpus defense mission on wave 28. (He was shouting it all over the chat),

Pluto, Narcissus. (Location has no bearing on drop chances, infested are said to have the highest drop ratio. No need to read into this)

I dont believe they need to change to drop rate on anything. Yes its rare and ive seen a lot of people saying its hard to farm, but the same time i got a Thunderbolt mod from a random enemy. it was a very 'hey look at that!' moment. it isn't completely impossible to find... it's just 'rare'.

Edited by Dr_Killjoy

I dont believe they need to change to drop rate on anything. Yes its rare and ive seen a lot of people saying its hard to farm, but the same time i got a Thunderbolt mod from a random enemy. it was a very 'hey look at that!' moment. it isn't completely impossible to find... it's just 'rare'.

I agree.

Rare good items are indeed rare as they should be.

The items which make a warframe or weapon significantly more powerful appear far less than when I first started playing.

So far since the release of the new mods I have received one handspring mod and as the above poster mentioned, you DO actually feel lucky to get the rare mod......even though handspring is meh.

Well I know for a fact that they DO drop, lucky me found a retribution 1st match after the update.

However the only way I can describe it is... lacklustre. Especially with so many ability mods in the rare pool, rare really does not always equal good.