Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improving Thiefs Wit (Loot Radar)

Felandi

With the addition of elevation being marked on the map, the loot radar feature became a bit more interesting in functionality. It currently shows breakable containers and resource cylinders on the floor.

What it does NOT show: Open lockers and mods. The lockers seem rather pointless to be marked, as they are static and learning their location is a trivial feature, or sometimes interesting in the more hidden rooms in the game.

The state of the Loot Radar can be best described by the fact that finding resource cylinder and memorizing breakable containers is rather easy. While the occasional enemy-dropped resource can make it of slight use.

What would make it worthy of actually equipping it would be if the loot radar tracked dropped mods, to assist you in finding that obnoxious mod that always hides in a corner of the room after flying through the air. With elevation being shown, the mod would become even more valuable.

A mod could be shown on the mini-map as a blue circle. Which would make it stand out against the red circles of enemies and the yellow circles of resources.

Something like this would make my day for this mod, anyone else with similar thoughts?

Edited by Felandi

I think another way to improve this mod would be to make it a sentinel mod instead of a frame mod. Your idea is very good for increasing it's functionality though.

That does show some flexibility and the things a Sentinel could eventually be designed to assist a player with. I do not really keep them for their combat provess, but for the little side-benefits, like guardian and Shades stealth.

That does show some flexibility and the things a Sentinel could eventually be designed to assist a player with. I do not really keep them for their combat provess, but for the little side-benefits, like guardian and Shades stealth.

I keep mine for its combat prowess. My worm is a boss, freezing things around me, smacking them in the face every now and again. Aaah... good times, good times. 

BACK To on topic. I honestly think that instead, Thief's Wit should be Thief's Reach, increasing your range of pickups so that you don't necessarily need to run right over something to get it, just be nearby. 

I think another way to improve this mod would be to make it a sentinel mod instead of a frame mod. Your idea is very good for increasing it's functionality though.

Especially as I can't find enough mods for my sentinel to fill all of the slots anyhow!

Or having this mod be a "Universal" mod that you can put on either your Warframe, or your sentinel. Not everyone has sentinels, and some of them most likely wouldn't want to be forced to get one just to have any kind of extra radar added so they can see loot and/or enemies on their radar.

What about Loot Radar giving resource/mod drops a differently-colored glowy, x-ray highlight that your teammates have when they're on the other side of a wall in addition to the map marker?

Edited by A5PECT

What about Loot Radar giving resource/mod drops a differently-colored glowy, x-ray highlight that your teammates have when they're on the other side of a wall in addition to the map marker?

Essentially, you want the glow of a fallen mod to be visible through solid obstacles, like the outline a friendly warframe gets when they are in a different room?

Essentially, you want the glow of a fallen mod to be visible through solid obstacles, like the outline a friendly warframe gets when they are in a different room?

This happened for a short time after a hotfix. Removed in the next hotfix. It was fantastic really.

Edited by hywod

The mod desperately needs its old range back (40m) and needs different icons for different things. Making it detect mods and such would also be of help but the range is top priority, as the new areas are huge and 25m just doesn't cut it.

Would make Enemy Radar (artifact) and Banshee's Sonar a bit useless, don't you think?

The main effect of Sonar is the weak-spot, however. Which allows high-powered weapons to one-shot ancients. This, is the question if Loot Radar should show mods or not. =)

Would make Enemy Radar (artifact) and Banshee's Sonar a bit useless, don't you think?

The fact that a mod and an artifact with the same effect exists already makes it a redundancy. Changing who can use that redundancy doesn't diminish anyone's role. But on topic I'm fully on board with color coding for the various loot drops. It's crazy easy to miss a potentially really nice drop in all the chaos.

Edited by KenseiOmega