Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Follow Topic Usability

WindHorse

Greetings Tenno,

I am not sure if this has been suggested before (I apologize if it has), but has anyone suggested that when replying to a forum topic that the option to follow be available without pressing an additional button to get the option? Perhaps, add the checkbox to follow the topic immediately to the left of the "Post" button, so you do not need a new web page request to get all the additional options.

Regards,

WindHorse

I think, you're looking for the "More Reply Options"-Button. ;)

That is exactly my point. I have to press that button first, then click the checkbox next to following the topic, and then click post. By clicking the "More Options" button, you also get redirected to a different web page request.

That is three clicks and an additional page request. My recommendation was putting the checkbox immediately next to the Post button and thus saving an additional click and page request.

Edited by WindHorse

I did find the option when I edited my profile and under the Notifications preferences to automatically follow any posts that I reply to. I turned this on just as a blanket reminder for myself, but perhaps there could still be value to individually be able to elect to follow with less clicks. *shrug*