Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods Need Adjusting From The Mid Level Up

KenseiOmega

I hate to be that guy but for the long term health of the game it's probably time for some nerfs. The guns themselves are fine. None of the weapons I've used so far has been ridiculously imbalanced by themselves. The problem is mods and the rate at which they scale. It makes encounters trivial. I've been on runs where 1 guy will haul &#! off to the boss and proceed to solo that boss. Why? Because he can. And I expect an 'end game' player to be powerful enough to do that but I'm seeing it happen quite a ways lower down the totem pole.

At the low levels they're fine. Modest increases to stats you'd expect to be able to mod. But starting around the mid levels they start doing too much too fast. Once I got damage and fire rate mods to level 3 or so any and every weapon I own became an insta-gib machine. Reasonable changes should be made. Just please don't do like Blizzard and start willy nilly chopping off 20%+ from things.

Well if you go end game ans max say fury and pressure point then you have a weapon with like +60% speed and +42% dmg. So all i need to use those mods is a rank 8 or 10 skana right? assuming you have a catalyst in that skana. Now someone who didnt get to end game will eat up those slots with like... rank 1 pressure point, rank 1 sundering assault, rank 1 molten impact. It still isnt equal to the former example.

Basically i dont think the problem is that the mods scale, i think its mostly people using mods too elite for the system they are fighting in. Also i have done a lot of back tracking with my rank 30 ash and rank 30 gram. Lots of the later systems don't have squads playing in the to actively join.its harder to find groups for end game stuff. So whats fun? i buy dual ether swords, and a nyx and cut my way through the first levels again. Popping my mods into those items as available. Which brings us back to the topic on hand.