Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Balancing Things

PaperAlien

I think it would helpful in multiple ways if DE made a sticky thread which shows the list of issues they are currently aware of and possibly also the current proposed solutions (if they're willing, of course). We wouldn't be getting so many threads about the same issue if DE is revealed to already be aware of it (ofc some people don't read stickies but you can't help that). It would also have a secondary effect of warning people of possibly impending nerfs/buffs so they don't go complaining when their favourite weapon gets nerfed right after they potato'd etc. (Of course, knowing some people, they'll probably just complain as soon as any tweaking is even hinted at, again, you can't help that).

Also DE can simply keep quiet on stuff they don't want to discuss and add a disclaimer at the end of the thread about that.

Thoughts?

i can only imagine the raiding, pitchforks and riots caused by any one of many possible fixes they are considering.

you wouldnt even have the normal  for or against nonsense that is standard for forums. it would be epic level madness.

no thanks, a list of current issues is already up and set in stone changes are good to know. i dont want forum implosions based on kinda thinking about it.

Yeah... I did mention that as being likely. I suppose it might be bad for the overall scheme of things when a good balance fix gets called off because the vocal majority don't understand balance.

...Would be amusing to read though.

Coming from ME3MP which was balanced on weekly (and fortnightly) basis, I think let the playerbase know in advance about what DE consider changing would be a good idea. Look at the state of the forum after Iron skin/Hek nerf - it's a mess.

Let players know what will be changed in advance like 2-3 weeks would be better since there will be time for gathering more feedback on balance change and hopefully providing DE with more fun/logical choices to consider.

The amount of "PvE doesn't need balance" is quite frightening though. It shows that many players simply don't know about balancing PvE game. A dev response about why they have to balance things in PvE game would be really helpful.

Coming from ME3MP which was balanced on weekly (and fortnightly) basis, I think let the playerbase know in advance about what DE consider changing would be a good idea. Look at the state of the forum after Iron skin/Hek nerf - it's a mess.

Let players know what will be changed in advance like 2-3 weeks would be better since there will be time for gathering more feedback on balance change and hopefully providing DE with more fun/logical choices to consider.

The amount of "PvE doesn't need balance" is quite frightening though. It shows that many players simply don't know about balancing PvE game. A dev response about why they have to balance things in PvE game would be really helpful.

Indeed. Remember that one time they told us that they were going to increase Carnifax weight and decrease Piranha clip size? Was definitely better than Falcon/Krysae/Typhoon changes.

Although the problem is that the changes to Iron Skin, which were neccesary, may never have happened if the forums exploded on the first hint that Iron Skin might be touched. Just look at people's replies the moment any changes to Rollers are requested. Of course, DE might be competent enough to know to ignore the vocal majority for a more sensible balance, in which case there wouldn't be this problem.

Indeed. Remember that one time they told us that they were going to increase Carnifax weight and decrease Piranha clip size? Was definitely better than Falcon/Krysae/Typhoon changes.

Although the problem is that the changes to Iron Skin, which were neccesary, may never have happened if the forums exploded on the first hint that Iron Skin might be touched. Just look at people's replies the moment any changes to Rollers are requested. Of course, DE might be competent enough to know to ignore the vocal majority for a more sensible balance, in which case there wouldn't be this problem.

Well, the vocal part of the playerbase will always be a bit overreact about every little nerf and proclaim the game dead on weekly basis anyway (even when the amount of buff >>>>nerf, they will claim that the impact of the nerf is more than all buff combined, pshh).

However, it's partially DE's fault that let Iron skin (and it's sister, Link) survive too long before they decide to nerf it. Similar pattern to infiltrator nerfwar in ME3MP forum. Best get things under control fast, DE.