Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe "vanity," Program/plug In (Request.)

KF5AQX

Some of you may know the Vanity I speak of. For those of you who don't, allow me to explain, in thirty words or less.

Vanity is a program that allows you to see the different armor mods and colors from Halo: Reach, and figures the amount of credits required to access them.

So, that's it. It's a program that lets you build your armor without actually having to unlock it. What I propose is something like this for Warframe. A program that makes the renders of a Warframe and/or weapon, and allows you to change the colors and skins. It would not affect the actual in game data on your profile, it would simply allow you to see what your frame would look like if you, say, bought the Smoke pack, or what your Rhino would look like if you had a Glaive on it.

I'm not sure how the code works in game, but this could be very simple to make. Just copy the code used for the Armory, and replace it with everything unlocked. This would allow players to preview builds without spending credits/platinum, or to view a frame their friend is describing.

Thoughts?

So its basically, create your Warframe using anything, get a nice look to decide if you wanna work towards it? I like that idea. Though, two suggestions. I would rather it be on the website, rather than in-game (cause I feel like it would be easier to do it that way), and also have the ability to save a .png render for those, like myself, who like to work in photoshop. It would be pretty awesome.

Well, yeah. I didn't mean in game, because that would be silly. I mean, perhaps some sort of preview mode, but that's it. I was thinking something like a stand alone program, that has all the render data, and nothing else. It wouldn't save to your profile, you wouldn't even have to log in. It'd be like a character creator, or a dress up game.

And yeah, the ability to save photos. That'd be essential, because I can see many people using this to provide images of their RP characters, or using it as visual aids in stories.

That's another possible feature, but I was mainly thinking for viewing purposes. I got the idea when I was reading a Halo fan fiction, and I ducked into Vanity for a minute to make renders of the armor described. Then I started reading a Warframe fiction, and I realized, I couldn't do that. I don't know what the tints are on a Trinity, I've never used one. I don't know what the primary color is on a Loki, I never bothered with it. And the wiki can only go so far.