Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback To The New "resistance" Mods

Thypari2013

In the Vauban video were several "resistance" mods:

cold blooded (resistance vs ice damage)

warm coat (fire resistance)

diamond skin (armor pierce resistance)

anti toxin (poisen resistance)

If this is true, and there will be planet-system / mission with a lot of elemental damage, I want to hug you.

This reminds me of the diablo 2 (LOD) system, where you couldn't do anything without the right resistances.

Players now also have to think about what they equip instead of always the same redirection, vitality, max focus....

BUT

here comes the "but" and the important part. The more mods you design (which is good), the harder it is to use them all with a variety of weapons / warframes, because their slots are all different.

Which leads again to "underclocking" mods as best possible solution. To negotiate the negative factors of underclocking, you could increase the fusion cost by 1.4x (rounding down) for mods and 1.5x higher credit cost.

Keep going DE!

Edited by Thypari2013

'Warm Coat'

thats the worst name for a mod ive ever heard... it makes 'Stretch' sound sophisticated haha

i dont see the point in ANY of them personally...   i want to ATTACK not possibly take less damage from a COLD attack...

'Warm Coat'

thats the worst name for a mod ive ever heard... it makes 'Stretch' sound sophisticated haha

i dont see the point in ANY of them personally...   i want to ATTACK not possibly take less damage from a COLD attack...

Have to agree.  The point of games is to have fun.  Equipping proper elemental resistance is not fun and therefore superfluous.

Equipping a bazooka on the other hand . . . 

Well, if elemental damage is actually in the works as a regular threat, maybe these would be neat. As is, I would only consider the Cold resist if it eliminated the threat of ice terrain. Not even Toxic ancients are enough of a threat to my personage to worry about the poison resist. Maybe if I could equip one to the Pod on a defense run...

9 max for each it's a bit much though, especially when most frames would prefer to spend their slots on offensive buffs like Flow and other such mods instead. knock it down to a base 2 max 7 and we'll talk.