Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make My Money More Likely To End Up In Your Pocket.

Hauteclere

Okay Warframe is a wonderful game. We're all aware, however if you'd like to keep some interest, at least my interest in buying some of these weapons I believe we need to talk about what exactly I feel you're trying to sell me here:

(Please Highlight the two lines under this heading.)

weapons  plural of weap·on (Noun)

1. A thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.

2. A means of gaining an advantage or defending oneself in a conflict or contest: "resignation threats are a weapon in his armory".

See definition two, because definition one is obvious: ' A means of gaining an advantage or defending one's self in a conflict or contest.' 

So okay...We got warframes, they're technically weapons. I get that, but then they're also more like our bodies. Hell the Tenno see it that way....So I can understand them being a little expensive.  However...this is where weapons differ. Weapons aren't items you pick and stick with for your entire game-play experience. They're little boosts to your advantage against the enemy when they're quite frankly beating your &#! otherwise. 

"They're little boosts to your advantage."

I'm of firm belief, and you don't have to agree--but hear me out, that Warframes have the right to be expensive, they have the right to be an investment. They're the game's namesake. They're what make Warframe what it is. They're our space ninjas in various icecream flavors---and man aren't they good. However...Weapons at the end of the day are just seasoning.  To me weapons have no business being comparable to cost of Warframes.

They should be cheaper than 20-30 bucks.  They should be at least halfway attainable without putting in much more time in than just investing in credits---with only VALID exceptions.  This of course is completely compromisable---but this is an idea of what a lot of us probably feel like. (I say probably because I don't claim to know every mind in the universe.)

Sorry, but I've seen a semi-automatic and auto weapon before. They work generally the same. You pull the trigger and S#&$ flies out, then things die if you aim correctly. That's it. That's all there is to it. Anything more and it's not a gun, or that's a special feature. If this weren't the truth this thread probably would be a lot different...

Not to mention in order for LONG TERM GOALS to be worthwhile, there needs to be short term goals to keep the game interesting. It'd probably be better to research how we make our long-term goals and short-term goals while handling the weapons to get a better idea of how to scale pricing in anything that Warfame has to offer. Because we use these tools to get places.

TL;DR: 

Please consider more reasonable pricing.

Food for thought: I can buy quite a few other games with what you're asking me to pay for a object that's little more than an adapter plug to make sure I can handle a mob a little better.

PS: It could be good to let us know the woes you experience from the 'rushing issue'. If it even is an issue.

Edit: Wish my definitions weren't a different color from the post. Can someone help me with that? xD

Edited by Hauteclere

I know my post here isn't constructive as you would want it (because I'm still reading), but there's too much looking down on the company here. It feels like you're talking to me in some comedic video, which doesn't work too well in text. Delete some of that extra fluff, and get to the point if you want more "delightful" responses.

I know my post here isn't constructive as you would want it (because I'm still reading), but there's too much looking down on the company here. It feels like you're talking to me in some comedic video, which doesn't work too well in text. Delete some of that extra fluff, and get to the point if you want more "delightful" responses.

Fair enough. I'll kill the fluff.  

Fluff killed, little professionalism added---but I kept a little bite because I'm not good at softening some of the stuff I said.

Might be an easier read.

Edited by Hauteclere

Yea I'll agree with you here that it's a little too much of an investment to making the weapons. Platinum is a bit more than it should be and pretty much all of them can be paid for, for like 5 or more bucks each which is dumb. It's not the end of the world however since each BP isn't too hard to make unlike the warframes, but it's still too much time investing for what most of them are generic weapons.

Edit: The fluff was kind of interesting to read, and the effort into it was nice, but since this is valuable feedback, you want to get to the point. I'm not saying you shouldn't write paragraphs or not make good points. It's just smarter to tell DE what you mean instead of making them sound too dumb to know what a weapon is, but I guess keeping that part should help get the point across here.

Edited by Xelorx

It's just smarter to tell DE what you mean instead of making them sound too dumb to know what a weapon is, but I guess keeping that part should help get the point across here.

Yeah I agree with you. I didn't realize I came off that way right off the bat---as I was attempting to show what I was seeing. Afterall I imagine we don't always look at the same word and see the same meaning. 

What I was attempting to do was start off a basis for explaining my view of what a weapon is to me, and why the cost doesn't scale right with what a weapon is supposed to be for me. I probably got a bit carried away, and also didn't consider the bad ways it could have been taken. xD

If you want to say what your view of what a weapon is, then you got it. With the fluff it wasn't really clear if you were just trying to reteach them or being sincere. Companies usually dismiss rudeness, even if it doesn't look like they respond to kindness either. But if DE were really smart, they would look at either type of response anyways (which they do, and it tends to be that the rude ones don't contribute much anyways). So it's just overall better to be respectful anyways. They did give you a free-to-play game to begin with, which is a bit unique from most games.

Edited by Xelorx

I don't mind the cost of a weapon being comparable to a suit, so long as the weapon is WORTH that investment. None of the weapons are. None. Not the Hek. Not the Gorgon. Not the Paris. Not the Snipetron... Not even the Glaive. I'd sooner see weapons become MORE than just the seasonings to out Warframe potroast personally. I'd even accept paying 20 bucks cash or grinding for a couple hours a day to get 150+ Alloy Plate at a rate of 10-14 per drop for one then. To say nothing of the 12 hour wait time for who knows what reason...

Edited by ToeSama

I don't mind the cost of a weapon being comparable to a suit, so long as the weapon is WORTH that investment. None of the weapons are. None. Not the Hek. Not the Gorgon. Not the Paris. Not the Snipetron... Not even the Glaive. I'd sooner see weapons become MORE than just the seasonings to out Warframe potroast personally. I'd even accept paying 20 bucks cash or grinding for a couple hours a day to get 150+ Alloy Plate at a rate of 10-14 per drop for one then. To say nothing of the 12 hour wait time for who knows what reason...

Yeah if the worth was any where near the kind of investment I'd put into a warframe it'd be different. I agree. I'll buy a warframe because in a sense I can justify that as if to buying another version of the game. Warframes play differently, they have different looks, they have different personalities.

This is DLC material, y'know?

Can't do that with weapons. At least not these weapons.

Edited by Hauteclere

I don't see why not. Why should be forced to buy/build these things at all if they're meant so baseline? They should be stage drop rewards at that point, with only the biggest and best of them costing more than a few minutes of a run. I've done several of the Glaive runs that have popped up just so I could sell the blueprints to help fund the purchase of a weapon before. I should have gotten a Gorgon for free after working up to Rank 3 at that point...

I'm not one to sound entitled when the game is F2P, but there's a line between silly and stupid in my eyes. My suit is the car. Why do the weapons need to be the keys? Why can't they be the reclining leather seats or the high sound quality stereo?