Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Suggestions On Certain Powers

PaperAlien

1. Iron Skin- The nerf was deserved, but I think it should retain all immunity except to damage. Disruptors and toxics make it pretty useless atm. Also, the DR can be increased a bit more, maybe to 90-95%, or be allowed to be affected by Focus (although it should never reach 100%).

2. Rhino's other abilities (collectively, because I don't know them well)- Buffed.... in some way! Yeah! Most likely damage-wise, conglomerating Radial Blast and Rhino Stomp into an ult with increased range and adding a new aggro-drawing skill that might be some low-damage variant of Radial Javelin (although you have to realise that this may be counterproductive seeing as Iron Skin is no longer godmode), or an ability that instantly or over time, recharges a set portion of shield.

3. Link- Delete and replace with a new support skill (perhaps a deployable healing circle?)

4. Sound Quake- Add a DR when it's in use (70-95% are all reasonable, Banshee is pretty squishy and doesn't synergise very well with standing in the open for long periods). Damage should be returned to full strength, range may or may not be buffed.

5. Snow Globe- Retains all current function, but fire coming out of the Globe should only do 60/60/70/80% of its full damage, increasing with mod level (and possibly Focus). If Snow Globe is overpowered, this is the fix. In giving a downside to staying in the globe, there is an incentive to poke your head out when you can take the fire to do extra damage. It would have a tactical quality like the Bubble Shield in Halo (and any predecessors that I don't know of), but less pronounced, because I realise that fully negating damage from both sides would be rather troublesome in warframe.

6. Invisibility and Smoke Bomb- Attacking (melee, gun) breaks cloak, either immediately or with a few seconds delay (or both, with increasing skill level increasing the duration that cloak remains after the breaking shot, 3 would likely be the maximum, although the cloak cannot be extended longer than its natural duration by attacking right at the end).

7. All ults- Damage bypasses armour

8. All power damage- Scales incompletely with enemy level (damage is calculated on hit with specific enemy, exact scaling mechanisms undecided) so that higher level enemies are relatively less affected, but still take a noticeable hit.

Thoughts?

Edited by PaperAlien

Why nerf anything? Why did rhino need a nerf? Why should Banshee be left vulnerable to swamping while casting her ult? Why should Loki lose his only damage dealing power? Why should snowglobe debuff both enemies and allies?

None of these things were inherently overpowered. I've been mosh pitted by enough infested to know that snowglobe is fine where it is, especially since it gains no bonuses from leveling. Having played Loki, causing him to lose cloak when attacking turns it into a run away button instead of an edge giver, and Loki deserves a little extra attack edge more than any other frame currently available, not to say he needs more. Rhino ties with Frost as being the slowest frame available, and while I understand that his lack of stagger/stun/poison immunity while using Iron Skin is a bug, his 100% damage reduction was his only redeeming quality, and without a reasonable buff to his other powers, a lot of Rhino players are selling what used to be their favorite frame. There's an intended purpose for the abilities of all frames, and wanton nerfing in the name of "balance" could merely take away what makes a frame unique.

Needless to say I really disagree with this topic, or almost any nerf topic for that matter. 

1: The DR is fine as is, but it needs the extra immunities, I agree.

2: I think the other skills are fine really, remember that they are used for their knockback more than their damage.

3: Well, yeah, Link needs to go, deployable healing circle though? Using a Trinity feels like herding cats enough as is.

4: I think this is more a matter of playstyle than ability balance, try using it less agressively, it's range is as large as it is for that reason.

5: I think I like this idea, making it a frosty version of the Volt's shield.

6: That is the exact opposite way to how they are supposed to be used, just no.

7: I assume you mean Ember's Ult because all the other damaging ults I can think of seem pretty fine as is (maybe not Nyx's).

8: Better scaling on base level attack powers, definitely, scaling with enemy level, no.

Why nerf anything? Why did rhino need a nerf? Why should Banshee be left vulnerable to swamping while casting her ult? Why should Loki lose his only damage dealing power? Why should snowglobe debuff both enemies and allies?

None of these things were inherently overpowered. I've been mosh pitted by enough infested to know that snowglobe is fine where it is, especially since it gains no bonuses from leveling. Having played Loki, causing him to lose cloak when attacking turns it into a run away button instead of an edge giver, and Loki deserves a little extra attack edge more than any other frame currently available, not to say he needs more. Rhino ties with Frost as being the slowest frame available, and while I understand that his lack of stagger/stun/poison immunity while using Iron Skin is a bug, his 100% damage reduction was his only redeeming quality, and without a reasonable buff to his other powers, a lot of Rhino players are selling what used to be their favorite frame. There's an intended purpose for the abilities of all frames, and wanton nerfing in the name of "balance" could merely take away what makes a frame unique.

Needless to say I really disagree with this topic, or almost any nerf topic for that matter. 

These things aren't neccesarily overpowered, they just weight too heavily in the playstyle of these frames. Like you said, Rhino was only used for Iron Skin, Frost is pretty much only used for Snow Globe (Ice Wave is generally redundant vs Avalanche, which itself is inferior to Saryn's Miasma), Banshee was used for Sonic Boom and Sound Quake (and very occasionally Sonar).

Also, you seem to have completely missed the point where I explicitly asked for Rhino's other abilities to be improved so Iron Skin isn't his only redeeming quality, as well as the part when I stated my opinion that Iron Skin and Sound Quake were both overnnerfed and should be partly unnerfed (although I am saying no to invulnerability for Iron Skin), and when I asked for damaging powers to be buffed. In fact, only 2-3 of the 8 points I mentioned ask for nerfs. Clearly, this thread was 100% calling for nerfs.

Edited by PaperAlien