Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Codex/synth Scanner Glitched View

StealthDragoon

I imagine this is probably an old glitch, but here it is anyway.

Make sure you have a Hotkey setup for your Gears before doing anything. Set either Scanner to a hotkey.

While ingame, switch to a scanner, hold right click, press the gear hotkey of your scanner. This will holster the scanner, however, your vision will still be filtered like how the scanner is (blurred vision, green/orange tint).

What's kind of fun with this glitch is that you can see Simaris' Synth trail even while you're not watching through the scanner, but only for a few trail spot. At first, I thought it was my Helios showing me the way, guess not huh? This could be a neat feature to add to Helios as passive ability for the Simaris Skin. :)

A little update about this glitch...

If you did the glitched view trick and want to revert your view back to normal, switch back to your scanner, hold and release right click and everything should be back to normal.

Using the Glitched view trick with the Synth scanner does NOT make the Synth trail disappear, which means that I can "paint" the map with synth trails everywhere.

Glitched view also works with Vectis, which probably means any weapon with a screen filter effect is prone to this glitch.