Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

But What The Heck Has Happened To The Market?

Marco98Pro

hello everyone, today after the latest update, in the game market is the last straw: it's ALL WITH PLATINUM (almost). most of the weapons only with platinum, and some prices are too high. Braton 25000, 72000 strun, lex 50000, 10000 side, and the complete package for Banshee approximately 660 platinum. but are you kidding me? but what the heck is going on? I understand that they need money, but so is an exaggeration. you agree on this change? i know does exist the blueprints.

Edited by Marco98Pro

You ever heard of blueprints?

Try telling a new player that. Most likely, they haven't. Then they learn they have to farm materials and then wait 12 hours before they can use any weapon but the braton.

You do know if you click foundry you get a mini tutorial.

Lotus "You will have to CRAFT the to have the strongest weapons" is pretty much what she says.

You now have to craft pretty much every weapon. I get having to craft a super niche weapon like paris/snipetron/boar, but the burston

I agree that this is a kick on the boys for new players, but it may be due to the expanding of WF, they're trying to reach out to a larger crowd and so they'll be hoping more support to come in, and it makes sense if that's the case. You can buy the BPs and build your weapons, I did that with every frame except Volt and Loki, and Vauban. I have built every weapons that was not available with credits and I missed out on buying Dual Skana, Bo, and Furax, so now I must build them.

Ocelot, if they want to reach out to more people, why are they reducing the variety a new player is given? They're basically forced to buy a braton as their first weapon instead of making a choice between a shotgun (strun), assault rifle (braton), and longer ranged burstfire rifle (burston).

Fixed that for you

That too.

Also, skana? Really?

Edited by Argoms

If they put the resources easily accessible to new players for tier 1 weapons then this should not be an issue at all... however I'm not sure if thats the case or not.. anyone wanna clarify this?

Can I.. (as in a new player) Make all of the blueprints by the time I can buy the blueprints? As in.. Do I have access to the materials by that time?

If they put the resources easily accessible to new players for tier 1 weapons then this should not be an issue at all... however I'm not sure if thats the case or not.. anyone wanna clarify this?

Can I.. (as in a new player) Make all of the blueprints by the time I can buy the blueprints? As in.. Do I have access to the materials by that time?

Heavens, no. They ALL take Alloy Plates. Newbies can find those on Venus... IF they're lucky.

you could have, depends on how you play

Well then.. That's somewhat of an issue I'd say.. and seems kind of like a money grab for new players.

Continuing my rant on the Bo (remember, it was like 10k credits and was an obvious Babby's First Whoopin' Stick), that requires 15k credits for the BP, 15k credits to build AND 150 plates. 150. For a @(*()$ stick.

The BPs all seem to have a bunch of common components besides the plates, though.

The same thing that happened to most F2P games in the past two years. There comes a time where the income reaches a satisfying point and leaves the developers hungry for more. The new market prices were made as atrocious as possible to encourage people to buy said items for Platinum instead. I really like DE, but this is something EA would do.

I don't want to see this game go the same way as Tribes Ascend. I really don't.

It's a learning step.. People will find out one way or another

The earlier you make this required, the more people leave. If you only liked playing with shotguns or combat rifles and the only option you were given was a fully automatic medium-ranged weapon, why would you stick around? With the burston and strun also being cheap, people could experiment with different playstyles.