Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies Hitpoints & Solo-Ing

ZaxNyu

Hey guys.

Is anybody here trying to solo missions with a new or reseted account? Because every tanky enemy and boss has WAY too many hitpoints on the first 2-3 planets that a solo new player can barely beat them. With no damage mods on the Braton (because none dropped that far) I would need like 20 full ammo clips to kill Sargas Ruk. Does enemies hitpoints even increase with more players? Because if no, turn it down for soloing. Even the stronger Grineer units eat like 3 ammo clips.

They don't want you to be soloing early game.

So they should dictate how to play the game, instead of the players? There is nothing wrong with soloing.

I also don't see how you can speak with authority about their intentions.

They don't want you to be soloing early game.

Doesn't make any sense. The game gets much easier mid and late game. Actually the beginning planets are the hardest where you don't have much mods. So there should be reduced enemies life that it is possible to solo. I can imagine that lots of players get pissed off the game if they try their first 5-10 missions solo and not only die within 20 shots, but also need too many bullets to kill enemies.

Edited by ZaxNyu

Yes bosses are bullet sponges. You think thats bad? Just wait till you get to kril :P

Bosses are getting a revamp. They know its a problem. They are fixing it. but dont expect to be able to solo bosses (even after) without seriously powerful weapons.

So they should dictate how to play the game, instead of the players? There is nothing wrong with soloing.

I also don't see how you can speak with authority about their intentions.

I didn't say there was anything wrong about soloing, and the staff of the game have multiple times said that their focus is co-op.

The starter planets received a boost in difficulty/turned more spongey during the update where we got passive shield/health increases.

Edited by Gregio

It isn't and it shouldn't be...

My point was rather "Why are you playing solo."

Because I don't have any buddy online right now and playing online only gets me high end guys rushing through everything with one-hits. And that is no fun at all.

Because I don't have any buddy online right now and playing online only gets me high end guys rushing through everything with one-hits. And that is no fun at all.

Fair enough.

To be honest, having the health/dps/whatever of enemies scale with the amount of players is a good idea... DE just needs to make it so that we can actually notice the difference.

Yes bosses are bullet sponges. You think thats bad? Just wait till you get to kril :P

Bosses are getting a revamp. They know its a problem. They are fixing it. but dont expect to be able to solo bosses (even after) without seriously powerful weapons.

Rubbish, soloing bosses is easy, there isn't a single boss that cannot be soloed with even moderate gear. A Boltor and cold damage take care of krill, its easy to keep him near perma staggered, cold damage gets bonus to shield damage and slows his rate of fire and his dodge.

There's a reason why it's called a co-op game...

More rubbish, the game includes a solo mode, and content scales depending on group size, might help if you knew wtf you were talking about. The devs decided that the game would offer both solo AND co op, and content scales to accommodate both, but doesn't scale group content near enough and its a yawn fest.

Okay, seriously? If there's a solo mode, and they're focused on co-op, why have the solo mode at all? Revenue?

If that's true, it's sleezy. 

I play solo because often in co-op games, the jerks come out of the wood work. I'd rather not deal with emotionally immature brats that hide behind the net and act like some one that should have been drowned at birth.

No, I don't think they're 'focused' on co-op play.

It's a new patch and there's bound to be problems as a result. Programs are complex creatures. 

I'm noticing a LOT of issues right off the top.

One annoying one is the spontaneous wall walking. It throws me out into the middle of the mobs unexpectedly.

More rubbish, the game includes a solo mode, and content scales depending on group size, might help if you knew wtf you were talking about. The devs decided that the game would offer both solo AND co op, and content scales to accommodate both, but doesn't scale group content near enough and its a yawn fest.

Looks like someone didn't read my later post...