Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need A Public Api

TheDruidsKeeper

A lot of us developers have ideas of things that we would like to make (web & mobile apps), but are limited on what we can do since there is little/no access to the significant data.

It would be nice to have a public API, where we could pull info on current events / invasions / alerts (currently devs just parse this from the twitter feed), character info (blizzard does this with Diablo 3) to see your/friends frames / stats / weapons / mods / configs, etc.

Agreed.  Stop work on the mobile app and put that time into a public API.  The community can do amazing things given the right tools!  After some time with a public API you will have several mobile apps and fan sites to create a lot of cool features and tools for everyone and DE can focus on game features.

Currently it's possible to get public raw infos (alerts, invasions, sales, events, nodes status, ...) by calling this URL provided by developers: http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/worldState.php

And yes, yes, yes! An API providing character infos and more would be useful.

I had no idea they at least had this small API, thanks! Do you know of any documentation for it - can it take parameters to limit language / platform results so you can limit how much data is returned?

It's not great, but at least it's something. I would still like to see a full blown API as described in OP though.

Edit: I might be wrong, but it looks to me that the data returned from that page doesn't actually match the current alerts / invasions.

Edit 2: This is what their mobile app uses, but not much info there at all: http://content.warframe.com/alerts.xml

Edited by TheDruidsKeeper