Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Improve Credit Booster To Similar Value To Affinity Booster

Grefter

Wall of text version TLDR; version, Credit Booster not great.  Buff, make more resource drops.  Don't double them.

After having just spent a weekend playing a large amount of the game after taking my optional reset I chose to play with the Affinity Booster on which felt far stronger than I had expected at double the Affinity.  In one weekend of intense play (25+ hours total I think my party got up together, totes casual) I nearly caught up to where I left off before the reset Affinity wise without any Affinity boosters in far more casual play.

So what I am saying is, Affinity booster is pretty cool for the price tag if you know you are going to get some playtime in.  It scales really well since almost everything you do gets you Affinity and you almost always want it.

Credit Booster on the other hand sits at the same price tag and feels far more lacklustre.  The proportion of credits you get from drops compared to mission rewards is no where near the same level of impact on your income after the buffed Mission Rewards.  That isn't even counting any profit made by sale of any duplicate Blueprints if you are farming for a frame (or Modules if you are so inclined).

Now I found this weekend that with a very full on play schedule just after a reset with the Affinity booster you can go through credits like Stock Manager in 2008.  Your funds yo-yo like crazy as you scramble to get a new good mod drop (Hornet Strike!  Fusion Cores!  Fuse Fuse Fuse!  20k in the sink) or you cap out a weapon (or frame) and want to replace it to keep getting use out of your Affinity booster.  This whole time I have only ever really once felt a Credit crunch that blocked me from doing exactly what I wanted to, which was entirely my own issue of grabbing a Blueprint or two well in advance of crafting them.

So I don't think the economy has actually suffered overly much from the readjusted pricing in the Market, nor do I think Credit Booster actually needs to double the Mission Rewards.  Applying it to sale of items would cause all kinds of very obvious problems.  I suspect that whatever percentage breakdown Credit Booster gives you that it is enough to give you enough credits in play money to be able to be quite liberal with your expenses.

That still doesn't give a feel of equivalent value to me as a Player though.

The vector I would suggest approaching a buff from is the other angle of the economy that is largely untouched in Acquisition methods now but has been impacted by the recent changes in the Market.  More things being made from Blueprints puts a much bigger throttling on method on gameplay due to resources (which I again think is fine!  Many resources previously were relatively under used and worthless).  If Credit Booster gave a bonus to Resource drops also then I suspect you might see a greater uptake on them.  

I don't know what the sweet spot for the bonus would be (I suspect Double resources would trivialise them overly much), but converting Credit Booster into something a little more expansive would make players feel like the two boosters are a little more aligned in value.

Something as much as even an extra 50% would be a significant boost to your resource acquisition and really free up your ability to craft.  (Possibly higher relative increase to Resources than your total income via picked up credits? I would honestly be interested in a breakdown of player income by source both post and pre Mission reward change.)

The biggest pitfall I can see is choosing how to breakdown the split with Rare resource types that only tend to drop in singles.  Not giving any boost there would be a bit of a sticking point I think, but rounding up would feel too strong I believe.

Any thoughts on this from others?  I still don't think I would buy it personally, but interested in how the rest of the community feel about Credit Booster as it stands and if this would get more "Shut up and take my money" responses.