Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Tags And Similar Thread Prompts

OrokinNoob

My suggestion was aimed at reducing repeated threads and lowering the one post complaint spam.

I was hoping and suggesting that post could include tags to help prevent some of the thread repeats. I often want to start a new topic and after searching, I find that there are many threads with similar keywords, but none are saying the same as I am.

So I start a new post and someone tells me they said the same thing in their thread or there is already a thread on the forum, but buried 8 pages back from the front.

I thought maybe making a mandatory 5 tags and 5 sub category tags would also deter some forum members from making one complaint threads and the not engaging in conversation.

The Similar Keyword prompt was an idea, that if in your post you have enough similar tags and keywords, you might be prompted to include your post in another similar sticky discussion during the preview phase of posting.

Sorry I don't have better details, I'm not familiar with coding or forum creation.

I agree, threads could have one mandatory tag and one sub category tag attached to them. And be displayed besides the title perhaps.

Although, we already have "rough" categories in the form of the sub-forums, however the impatient people tend to not be very good at placing the threads into the respective sub-forums and rather just place them into the general discussion.

I agree, threads could have one mandatory tag and one sub category tag attached to them. And be displayed besides the title perhaps.

Although, we already have "rough" categories in the form of the sub-forums, however the impatient people tend to not be very good at placing the threads into the respective sub-forums and rather just place them into the general discussion.

True. I think that is where most people get lost or frustrated. Digging through pages of threads or having yours buried under millions of threads that belong somewhere else.

Just a better way for use to keep our own discussions organized would benefit the entire forum I think.