Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Change Is Needed For The Market Very Quickly...

Afroman12

Seriously if a seasoned veteran of this game thinks it's WAY too hard currently then I wonder what other new players are feeling.

First of all the Credit Prices need to be tone down by half or more. Max Credit Price should be 50K. Late game that's easy to get. Early to Mid lol no. Here's my list of weapons that should be Credit Priced

Rfile

Braton - 10,000 Credits

MK1-Braton - 5,000 Credits

Burston - 15,000 Credits

Latron - 50,000 Credits

Shotgun

Strun - 20,000 Credits

Sniper

Paris - 50,000 Credits

Single Wield Sidearm

Lato - 5,000 Credits

Sicarus - 15,000 Credits

Lex - 50,000 Credits

Dual Wield Sidearm

Aklato - 20,000 Credits

Melee Short

Furax - 20,000 Credits

Melee Long

Bo - 15,000 Credits

Mire - 15,000 Credits

Skana - 5,000 Credits

Melee Dual

Dual Skana - 30,000 Credits

Changing it to these prices helps new players or older reset players move forward with less boring farming than in it's current state.I'm still trying to get to 25K for a Braton despite me not liking the gun at all but I'll take anything right now except for buying it. MK-1 Braton is terrible.

Second of all ALLOY PLATE! Almost every Blueprint requires this hard to get material. Either boost it's drop by 30% or lower all the costs! Seriously including all the Warframes and then adding the guns to the equation it'll either drive people away or some will tough it out and grind until a better game comes along.

/sign... We got a new Player but he left really fast, because of the prices and the long waiting time for nearly each weapon now... I Myself dont have any problems with it because i also play since Closed Beta but for new Players its rly hard and annoying.

I think they don't need to change so many thigs but... wow... Skana is a craft-only weapon... guys it's a starting weapon why would anyone craft this... Dual Skana would need crafting 2 Skanas... Seriously just make a Gram and it's over... Dual Skana is not good at all to be like this...

Edited by LuCaSCV

I love the OP's list but replace the Paris with the Sniper. The paris is a specialty weapon IMO so they should sell that and make it a BP

I think the Paris would attract newer players while Snipetron requires more mods to be faster and more effecient where as the Paris will make people go "OMG A BOW!" or "LOL! HE'S STICKING TO THE WALL! THIS THING IS AWESOME!" I was trying to think of everything. All possible outcomes and this is what lead me to the choice of Paris.

Let's not mince words shall we? New players are royally screwed, and practically forced into one linear path for their first few days into the game.

Many will leave and uninstall regardless of the other many positive factors. It's not just about "adding tutorials" as I've seen suggested, rather it is the issues spelled out in the original post along with the horrible mod drop rate for basic and essential mods.

I think they don't need to change so many thigs but... wow... Skana is a craft-only weapon... guys it's a starting weapon why would anyone craft this... Dual Skana would need crafting 2 Skanas... Seriously just make a Gram and it's over... Dual Skana is not good at all to be like this...

2x Morphics
900x Salvage
850x Ferrite
80x Alloy Plate

Still not great due to the Alloy Plate, but not two Skanas worth of materials either.

i agree that the prices for weapons do not really make that much sense. the old market was better and more inviting to new players. Everything now mostly cost platinum where before u had an option with credits or platinum. I don't recall the Paris, mire or furax being availble for credits but was in bp form. They should've kept it that way. Its like a toaster u have had for 4 years, if its not broken don't try and fix it cause u will end up braking it. If the market looked like this when i 1st started playing i would'v uninstalled and looked for something else to play.

Edited by bosstnt

They did go overboard.

To me it reeks of profiteering. They realised folks actually like this game and are determined to cash in, however ...

...someone did not factor in that game was pretty easy and kinda casual, but can be made hard if you want to .. ie perfect for everyone.

Since Alloy is terribly hard to get, and was bad even before the change, the cash weapons were great while you farmed more Alloy. Now that everything needs to be crafted, money will be insignificant within 20 hours of playing, but you will need 200 hours for Alloy.

I spent $70 on game and barring a few wasted plats, actually crafted a lot of my stuff, and ran out. Now I don't think $70 will get you very far. I honestly can't recommend anyone play this now without wanting to spend $50. In other words, just another Free to Pay game.

It was refreshing to see a great game accessible and not money grabbing, folks paid as they wanted to NOT they were Forced to.

Edited by Invino

They should also try to combine blueprints and their plat only equivalents into a single square. Too many people I know have assumed guns can only be bought with real money because they don't bother to look at the last page. 

They should also try to combine blueprints and their plat only equivalents into a single square. Too many people I know have assumed guns can only be bought with real money because they don't bother to look at the last page. 

That's true. I remember my first impression after clicking market was, "oh, here's where they charge me money for anything nice." When I finally bought the blueprints and started crafting it was relatively painless, but it took a while to catch on. It isn't so painless at the moment, with the crafting requirements and credit prices as they are.

...wut. Last time I checked, the shop doesn't even HAVE buyable weapons any more, 'cept for those crappy, useless ones like Aklato. Hell, I read through this thread, post by post, and even checked the post-dates. I'm surprised NO ONE has commented on this before me. Have you even played at all lately, guys? Or did DE just make a major U-turn and switch to buyable weapons AGAIN?

Edited by Captain_Seasick

Paris available for credits? it's really easy to get as it is. Do a few missions on Mars/Saturnus/Venus and you'll have all materials. And mire for 15000...

Only thing they need to do is make Skana, Dual Skana and Burston available for credits. That's it.

it really is sad to see a awesome game like that being run into the ground because the devs want to profit more.

new players don't even have options at the start now... you don't cut out equips like that DE, you know who does that? hi-rez does, and no one like them and they already killed two of their games.

you keep doings things like that and this game will be dead before release.

Paris available for credits? it's really easy to get as it is. Do a few missions on Mars/Saturnus/Venus and you'll have all materials. And mire for 15000...

Only thing they need to do is make Skana, Dual Skana and Burston available for credits. That's it.

Paris for Credits is meant to keep new gamers in. A lot of people will find such a weapon amazingly fun. Mire is useless. I never wanted to craft the thing and I defiantly don't want to now. So making it a credit item seems best. Gives you a meh weapon with a good skin for a great price.

You think just like DE does. "They'll be fine with this stuff." No they won't. I hate Braton. I like Shotguns. Can I get a Shotgun now? No! With this idea any playstyle is viable and even adding something cool to the mix to make people have fun and enjoy it.

Edited by BakaGamer

You're forgetting an (apparently) old-fashioned notion in gaming though, dude: earning your keep. Newbies aren't supposed to get the good stuff without working for it. If they do, well... That way, they won't have to do JACK to get the really cool crap like Glaive or Jaw Sword, or... whatever.

Edited by Captain_Seasick

You're forgetting an (apparently) old-fashioned notion in gaming though, dude: earning your keep. Newbies aren't supposed to get the good stuff without working for it. That way, they won't have to do JACK to get the really cool crap like Glaive or Jaw Sword, or... whatever.

That's why I didn't include all weapons in that list. Just some that are decent or good that can help a noob progress better and even have more fun. As it is no one is going to have fun if we're all wielding the same damn weapon.

You know, I'm gonna tell you a li'l story. There once was an ancient game called World of Warcraft, which when newly released was pretty freakin' awesome. I was a total noob in that game, toting the same club made out of beaver-crap and clothes made outta plastic donuts that all the other total noobs used. Not until I actually got about halfway into the game did I have any chance at getting actually awesome stuff.

Moral of the story? You're kinda SUPPOSED to use crappy gear when you start out. Why? 'Cause it'll give you something to WORK FOR. A reason to put your whole freakin' back into the game. But I guess I'm super-old-school for still valuing the whole "effort gives rewards" idea, vs the new-fangled "everything served on a silver platter" style that games go with these days.

You know, I'm gonna tell you a li'l story. There once was an ancient game called World of Warcraft, which when newly released was pretty freakin' awesome. I was a total noob in that game, toting the same club made out of beaver-crap and clothes made outta plastic donuts that all the other total noobs used. Not until I actually got about halfway into the game did I have any chance at getting actually awesome stuff.

Moral of the story? You're kinda SUPPOSED to use crappy gear when you start out. Why? 'Cause it'll give you something to WORK FOR. A reason to put your whole freakin' back into the game. But I guess I'm super-old-school for still valuing the whole "effort gives rewards" idea, vs the new-fangled "everything served on a silver platter" style that games go with these days.

I remember WoW. I remember it being easy to get gear early (Deadmine runs in 15 minutes and after 3 I'm overpowered for some time). This game is on a whole nother tier compared to WoW.  If I had a choice of going to WoW (in the past not the present) or this game I'd defiantly go back to WoW. At least it was simpler to get gear there than here. Either I did a quest or did 3 runs in an instance and be decked out for some time.

Here? Hah I gotta farm absurd levels of Alloy Plate for my first blueprint which is a hard drop. Not only that it continues in such a pattern. I wonder though how far are you in the game... did you reset your account? Did you try to walk a mile in a noobs shoes in this current time? I'm starting to lean with no. This Credit idea is to get noobs ready for farming. There is an ungodly amount of farming ahead and you want them to do it with only 1 type of gun?

You're forgetting an (apparently) old-fashioned notion in gaming though, dude: earning your keep. Newbies aren't supposed to get the good stuff without working for it. If they do, well... That way, they won't have to do JACK to get the really cool crap like Glaive or Jaw Sword, or... whatever.

You are failing to account for the fact that a large number of the guns that were available for credits are basically crap without levels and certain core mods (serration and Latron springs to mind as the most personally relevant example). You also fail to account for the fact that now new players are forced into a single gameplay style for far more hours than previously; you get assault rifle, pistol, 1 handed sword. Can't afford anything interesting (e.g. Strun) and no way you are getting the alloy plate you need to make something different before you are ridiculously over-levelled for the content. Before, you could spend your early materials on melee weapons that looked cool while having decent credit-costing weapon variation.

Agreed about Alloy Plate. The crafting reagents used in blueprints should roughly reflect their distribution in the universe of the game...I don't mind having to pony up a rare material for every single item, since different things tend to require a single Control Module, Gallium etc. But Alloy Plate is required for so many things and in amounts that far exceed its prevalence. Meanwhile, crap like Nano Spores, Plastids, Circuits, Salvage and Ferrite lie constantly unused.

I'm still not convinced that the price increases are unreasonable for even new players. Lato, Mk-1 Braton and Skana are perfectly fine for the early planets, and by the time one has done all the missions on Mercury, Saturn and Venus one will have enough credits to buy new weapons or blueprints. Not to mention the scaling of credit rewards and the high credit reward alerts in place now, neither of which were in place a couple months ago when prices were lower.

We had to think price increases were coming when the credit rewards were boosted so significantly. I don't think there's really anything to solve on that front. But the crafting bottleneck is a real problem.

I'm a new player, the amount of grind required before to get gear was time consumeing enough. For a casual gamer it was already hard enough to get the things I'd like to actually play with. With this update it's going to be pretty much impossible, and more or less completely killed my interest in an otherwise extremely entertaining game. I simply don't have a week to spend on getting the various things I need to build one item.

I enjoyed my time with warframe, but I think this has killed it for me.

Moral of the story?

You don't even have a clue how the game really worked. ;)

Most of the best geared players and top end guilds bought and some even sold gold or items and power leveling. That and they had friends who played their accounts 24/7 so they worked as a community to be the best. It was not a matter of working your way up it was a matter of knowing the right people to help you or spending cash to buy in game gold. There are many secrets to being at the top rank of games like WOW and actual skill/effort has little to do with it. Now days all you need to do is buy gold which can then be used to buy anything in game including legendary items.

Edited by CrunkTanium