Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multi-Hit Mod For Melee Weaponry? :o

Guest Hermaphrodite

Guest Hermaphrodite

Hello.

I'v noticed that one of the most needed point's for a melee weapon is the ability to hit more than 1 target.

Since the release of multi-hit weapons, single target melee weaponry is near useless during Infested missions, and since this is a fairly large majority of the game, it becomes very difficult to use them when hordes of infested stack on you, especially with ancients nearby.

I myself still use the default Skana on my freshly wiped account, and i'd be totally fine with it if it wasn't for the fact it's useless for multiple infested, which you will nearly 95% encounter more than 2 at a time.

My suggestion is a special " Rare " mod that allows a weapon to hit multiple targets, more so with each rank it's leveled. Giving it a very " Hefty " energy usage as well, somewhat like the " Puncture " mods for rifles, except i'd suggest a bit more. This would allow people whom want to get a decent use from their single-target weapons during missions at the cost of energy slots, as well as allowing people to stick with their " favorite " if they wished.

I myself find multi-hit weapons are far superior than most of if all single-target weapon,simply because they can handle more than 1 target at a time, as it is very situational for a single-target weapon to be " more useful ".

People will still of course buy normal weapons that are " Multi-Hit " regardless , as a high energy-cost to use the mod and having to find said mod first would offset only those whom really want it. Of course people will suggest just upgrading to another weapon, but this will only deter people from trying out new weaponry in the future, as most will flock to " multi-hit " weaponry and leave the single-target weapons alone. This type of mod would fix that.

As for upgrading the mod you can always set it as adding 1 or two more targets per level, i'm unsure as to the limit a normal " Multi-Hit " weapon can kill in a swing, but to even it out the mod cannot " outdo " a normal weapon in terms of killing targets in a single swing if there is a limit, it needs to be less :p.

Please keep in mind this mod is only useful for weapons that hit only 1 target at a time, this is not a " stacked damage" mod for melee weaponry. :O

Sorry for the wall of text, sleepy :x

Anyhow what is your opinion of this?

Edited by Hermaphrodite

I think single-attack weapons need to get their own distinguishing features. If we have a mod like this, they just turn into worse versions of multi-hit weapons (since they use mod points to get abilities that another weapon has by default).

Guest Hermaphrodite

This mod is to even out the uselessness of single-target weaponry , if it's ment for " DPS" on a single target, 9/10 times the larger weapon could still outdamage them from the start, they have higher base damage and charge damages, only the very fast daggers may compete with most weapons now, and that's at the cost of range.

My main point is currently there is no reason to own or use a single-target weapon outside of masteries.