Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Alert Complaint/suggestion.

DAWGUNITALPHA

DE, lets be honest. It's annoying to play this game and get nothing but 2000 credit alerts when I'm awake and maybe if I'm lucky the occasional rifle scavenger artifact alert. But then the second I go to sleep all sorts of weapon, helmet and BP mods pop up. Oh and potatoes too, we haven't had one in four or five days but those tend to pop up only when I sleep too. Basically the current system is absolutely killer for anyone not willing to kill themselves, their social life or their professional life by not sleeping, going out or going to work ever. I want to play warframe, not "Watch Twitter All Day". If your goal is to make people want to spend platinum on things they want instead, it fails because the platinum prices are absolutely outrageous (but market prices are another topic for another day).

My first suggestion is to simply make all alerts have a rare chance to drop items. Even the crummy 2000 credit alerts would be able to drop BPs, potatoes, whatever. Just at a rarer rate (think more along the lines of banshee's BPs I guess?) as opposed to the ? Alerts which would give guaranteed and specific rewards.

My second suggestion would be to make alerts last longer so people who do live in other timezones and can't get on all the time have some sort of chance to get on and get the items they want.

Imo, I wish DE was big enough that they are able to host different serves.

One for NA, one for Europe, and so on.

That way they can post these alerts within our timezone.

But that's only when they are able to get servers.

It's all luck of the draw. RNG can be cruel.

But that's the problem. If I wanted super unfair RNG that ensures I never get anything I might as well go back to playing PSO2.

I see it as a problem when devs implement a system that actively make players not play the game. But maybe that's just me.

Some days can be cruel, some days you can find everything you want.

Today I found the Vauban blueprints, as I have dual monitors I keep a Warframe alert page up and it reminds and notifies me of whats going on and what it gives me. If it is something i'm after I go for it, if not I carry on with what I'm doing. 

You know there are people within your time zones that play at different times then you do so simply making ? Alerts pop up during peak times in your area wouldn't work either.

I think the best way to fix it is make BP alerts last a few hours so people have a greater chance of getting them

I think the best way to fix it is make BP alerts last a few hours so people have a greater chance of getting them

That's what I was getting at with suggestion two, I apologize if it was worded confusingly. Nice to know someone agrees with one of my ideas though!

Please let's not open ANOTHER Thread about the current alert system... It is RNG so you are not the only one who have that "bad luck brian" time.

The system isn't fair for anyone, period. Yeah it can be frustrating sometimes, but you aren't the only one who lost a whole bunch of items and good credits alerts because you needed to go sleep... They will happen again in time, just need to stay tunned and hope for some luck...

I can say that by myself, I lost almost all catalyst alerts since U7 T_T

How can people keep justifying alerts just by saying rng left and right? Sure, its random, cruel and on a good day can be really rewarding.

But that doesn't really make up for the annoyance and frustration it causes players on a regular basis. Alerts need heavy rework or be all out changed. As of now its punishing players for going about our real lives instead of being slaves to a damn twitter feed.

Alerts aren't even fun almost all the time. Maybe you'll get that excitement upon an awesome alert popping up, but what then? If DE thought alerts would be something casual on the side with the occasional lucky reward, they sure weren't considering how it could torment and punish players.

To me alerts seem more like a cover to keep the label P2W off the game. Remove them and livestreams become the only way to get potatoes without spending plat.