The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lackluster Sidearms: Ideas

Ninegal

Lets see we have semi-automatic pistols, automatic pistols and a bolt thrower.  Not to mention the option between one or two of the same isn't really much variety. The way I see sidearms working is that they provide a different option for damage, control, stealth etc.  I think the rifles should stay as a main gun, but I like the idea of having sidearms being a little more unique and special. I know we already have the throwing knives coming up in U8 but in the interest of generating some discussion I thought I'd throw a few ideas out there.  My apologies if this has been posted before I'm in a hotel and the internet sucks so running a search isn't easy. (Note: Names are descriptive only.

Tesla Pistol - Basically shoots out a chain lightning that does some damage but mostly provides stun capabilities

Harpoon Gun - Similar to the Bolto but has a rope attached that moves certain troublesome units out of a mob and into melee range.

Flame Pistol - Mini flamethrower. Burn damage pure and simple to help out with weak mobs and would pair well with Paris or Snipetron.

Net/bolo gun - This would be CC only, but would essentially pin down more annoying units like Disrupter and Toxic Ancients and Shockwave Moas

Crossbow - Basically handheld Paris but perhaps lower damage but 2-3 shots.

Atlatl - This is a weapon that was once the prime big game hunter weapon for human beings in the stone age. Look it up.  I have yet to see it implemented in a game and I think it would be a really fun stealth weapon.

That's all I've got for the moment.