Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1,600 Hours In The Game, Figured I'd Finally Say "hello".

CowboySparkles

Hello all,

I am CowboySparkles, and I've been playing Warframe for 1,600+ hours since November-ish 2013, and despite a few hiatuses here and there, I still enjoy it and look forward to news and updates from DE on a daily basis (yes, even the weekend when I should know better than to look and hope).

I am one of four Dr Emperor Owlswags (Warlords) of clan Bootyframe (the same Bootyframe of Tumblr, and in this fake recruitment video: https://youtu.be/uhP8V7Xjt5A), and pride myself in being the most active member of a tiny clan. And by most active I mean that most of my clanmates have stopped playing and I'm lonely and depressed. I'm also an MR19, although It'd be more accurate to say I'm a completionist with no real mastery of anything.

In real life I'm a 27 year old QA tester for a big video-game company (I won't tell you who, nor talk about my projects, sorry :P), and spend my work days writing test cases, reading certification word docs, making Excel sheets, and attempting to program tools in Visual Studio. Exciting right? Before QA I was a concept and texture artist for video-games but was one of the many victims of the mass layoffs that struck the industry.

When I get home, I want nothing more than to hop on Warframe and have some fun. Because of these things, and more, I'm probably one of the least opinionated* members of the player-base because not only do I get to see the nitty-gritty side of the game industry everyday, but I just really don't feel the need to discuss what's good, bad, whose a noob for doing what, etc. I just want to have fun playing the way I want to play, and want everyone else to do the same. No type of player can ruin this game for me, unless I let them.

That means I will play Frames on missions you think are terrible, I will be lazy occasionally and just shoot things from a high place, I will spend obscene amounts of time playing dress-up with my Frames, and I will put Blast damage on all my melee weapons because that proc is the funniest thing in-game. And that's what I'm here for: to have fun, and to play with others who like to have fun too. I'm not here to prove anything.

All that aside, my favorite thing in-game is Primes. I probably should have named my clan "The Prime Directive" since Primes are like candied Pokemon to me: I gotta catch them all, and I can't stop eating them... it made more sense in my head. And I do everything in-game to benefit my Primes in some way; Arcanes from Raids? Slap them on my Primes. New color palette? Gotta redo all my Primes. Latest accessory? Gotta make sure I find the perfect Prime for it. Seeing a Prime weapon/Warframe redone with PBR is more exciting to me than a new item being released in-game (unless it's a Prime item of course). I've spent easily 5+ Formas on every Prime, not because I'm a master builder, but because I keep on trying new ways to make them fabulous.

I also love playing with new players. I'll sometimes just hang out on Mercury in the hopes of finding some brand new players to play with. They're always so excited and eager to find what the game has in store for them, and all it takes is just a little time with an experienced player to help them get off on the right foot. When I first started playing I encountered a magnificent looking Mag Prime that did the same thing for me, and I hope to have that same kind of positive influence on the new players I encounter.

And now, a confession: I've played this game for over 1,600 hours on a Windows Vista PC, with a Nvidia Quadro Fx 1800. There are some things in the game that I don't even know what they look like because they're just blobs of low-res textures on my screen. It's so bad I used to ask my clanmates for screenshots to see what my frames really looked like. My goal this year is to build a PC to do the game justice, but that involves money, and I have a hard time justifying spending it (unless it's for a Prime Accessory pack...).

Sorry this is so long-winded, I guess what I'm trying to say is:

TL;DR: 

1) I love playing this game, and love playing with people who just want to have fun, regardless of experience or mastery.

2) I may not judge your playstyle, but I will judge your fashion sense (just kidding... maybe).

3) Sarcasm is my first language, please don't ever be offended: I'm probably just being a sass to make you laugh.

If you want to be a friend and play in-game, or if you just want to chit-chat occasionally, I'm fine with either. If you want to see photos of my big and fat Kubrows who I've spent way too much time breeding, I'd be down for that, too.

This my favorite game, and I'm eager to meet and play it with others who enjoy it too. :)

*Okay so I do have opinions, but I usually keep them to myself because they're based heavily in development experience, and don't usually coincide with a lot of end-user opinions. Everyone's opinion is valid, no opinion can technically be wrong or right, I'd just rather avoid the discussion all together for my own sanity.

Edited by CowboySparkles

Well I suppose it's wrong to say "Welcome" when you've that amount of game time, so..... Hai:)

I enjoyed reading through your post and how you started out with warframe have a similarity to how I did as well, which is why I now do as you and try help new people (All kinds of players actually). It's nice to see that others does as well and also make a post like this with the merry feel behind it.

I hope you keep enjoying your time with Warframe and if you ever feel like having a talk, send me a message:)

May I ask what region you play in?

Greetings!
I'm an very usual player too.. Avid if thats correct in english!
Not much of posts person too for my playing time.
I'm all in favor of exploring and having fun with the game,appreciate the work done.
But I put my objectives first ,I'm a completer too in every sense, and like you i like to play with new players,and i spend sometime helping them when I like their posture, new players usually are more polite and more willing to listen to advices, as they try to learn. Those i don't consider noobs , they are learning a new game a new experience.Wich is great if thats their hobbie. However you mention you liked sarcasm and keep a lot opions to yourself.
Thats where I can't keep myself...When I find all kinds of egoist and arrogant and unpolite players.It's a person issue, not an experience issue, like on everything theres a bad way to proceed and a good way. It is up to you to decide how you face it. 
And has veteran player and a person... I can't stand it...
Still I don't judge your posture... But somehow I try too educate them... I still don't know if that's a good posture or not but I believe so.
Kudos to you for yore post fellow Tenno =)

Rock on, and sweet gig for the job.  I will admit, fairly jealous that you got that lol

If ya need someone to run or chat with, feel free to let me know as well.  I'm open to it :)

Also, I think we started playing around the same time.... weird, eh?  A lot has changed since our early days!

Might I ask where "CowboySparkles" came from?  lol that is a fantastic ign

Welcome to your intro! LOL With that many hours a normal welcome didn't seem good enough! LOL 

-gasp- CowboyJeff? Are we... TWINS? I am obviously the fabulous one.

Greetings!

I'm an very usual player too.. Avid if thats correct in english!

Not much of posts person too for my playing time.

I'm all in favor of exploring and having fun with the game,appreciate the work done.

But I put my objectives first ,I'm a completer too in every sense, and like you i like to play with new players,and i spend sometime helping them when I like their posture, new players usually are more polite and more willing to listen to advices, as they try to learn. Those i don't consider noobs , they are learning a new game a new experience.Wich is great if thats their hobbie. However you mention you liked sarcasm and keep a lot opions to yourself.

Thats where I can't keep myself...When I find all kinds of egoist and arrogant and unpolite players.It's a person issue, not an experience issue, like on everything theres a bad way to proceed and a good way. It is up to you to decide how you face it. 

And has veteran player and a person... I can't stand it...

Still I don't judge your posture... But somehow I try too educate them... I still don't know if that's a good posture or not but I believe so.

Kudos to you for yore post fellow Tenno =)

Yeah I love being able to help new players. It's always such a treat when you get to help someone and they have that "a-ha!" moment.

The arrogant and rude players make me want to respond as well, but I've found that arguing on the internet is like counting the stars: you lose track along the way, get confused, frustrated, and there's no real point. 

Send a message sometime, let's play a mission mang 

Sure thing! I sometimes worry about bothering people in-game, but I'll make sure to send a poke next time I'm on.

Rock on, and sweet gig for the job.  I will admit, fairly jealous that you got that lol

If ya need someone to run or chat with, feel free to let me know as well.  I'm open to it :)

Also, I think we started playing around the same time.... weird, eh?  A lot has changed since our early days!

Might I ask where "CowboySparkles" came from?  lol that is a fantastic ign

The job is not all fun and games! Okay... it IS all games, but certainly not all fun. Take today for example: I spent all day creating tasks, managing tasks, reporting on tasks, and going up and down cubicles making sure people were on task. I was barely in-game at all! But I love doing it, and it's very satisfying. 

I'll be sure to drop you a line in-game, although I don't know how to chat with someone without being friends so I might awkwardly friend you first.

CowboySparkles is what I came up with a while ago for what my name would be if I were a superhero. Basically the idea was a superhero following the typical naming convention, (Iron Man, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, etc.) using Rhinestone Cowboy as an inspiration, but then reversing the "order" of the words to create something absurd. Cowboy Rhinstone didn't sound particularly catchy enough, thus it became Cowboy Sparkles.

I'll be sure to drop you a line in-game, although I don't know how to chat with someone without being friends so I might awkwardly friend you first.

CowboySparkles is what I came up with a while ago for what my name would be if I were a superhero. Basically the idea was a superhero following the typical naming convention, (Iron Man, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, etc.) using Rhinestone Cowboy as an inspiration, but then reversing the "order" of the words to create something absurd. Cowboy Rhinstone didn't sound particularly catchy enough, thus it became Cowboy Sparkles.

hey dude :)

to whisper someone, just type

/w username message

ps:

before, we were able to use

/?

to see the list of commands

not sure if it's available anymore nowadays

Edited by 5h1n0k4m1