The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Distilling Extractors: Are They Worth It?

-AR.UnseenDivinity

Distilling extractors allow us the opportunity to passively collect resources from a given planet with a higher chance for rare materials than Titan Extractors. However, are they worth the effort? Do they collect rare resources often enough to be considered worth the effort? 

If you are a player using Distilling extractors it is likely you are a higher mastery rank and not in great need of common resources (as it is cost prohibitive to create DE's at lower levels).Therefore it is likely you are using them solely as a means to collect rare resources. We expect the extractors to return rare resources at a rate that prevents us from frequently farming/grinding to produce these resources. Certainly the 15-20 Ruk runs needed to farm the Ocells needed for a prime weapon are not hard to do, but the repitition proves tedious and unengaging. Collecting common resources from the extractors for weeks at a time can prove to be very disappointing and unhelpful to our cause.

Below I have logged the resources that I have collected from my 3 Distilling extractors for some time from Ceres, Saturn, and Jupiter:

Legend:

A - Alloy plate

C - Circuits

D - Detonite Ampule

F - Fieldron Sample

Na - Nano Spores

Ne - Neural Sensors

O - Orokin Cell

P - Plastids

S - Salvage

May 14 - D D S

May 15 - P A D

May 16 - F D D D F C

May 17 - [O] S D S D C

May 18 - S P A 

May 19 - A P D

May 20 - F D C

May 21 - F A P

May 22 - D A A

May 23 - F N D

May 24 - Na F C Na F D

May 25 - F A P 

May 26 - D A A

May 27 - A D D

May 29 - D A F 

Jun 1 - C A P

Jun 6 - S D D

Jun 7 - F D D

Jun 10 - [Ne] P C

Jun 12 - F Na D

Jun 13 - Na A D

Jun 14 - F D D

Jun 16 - A Na C 

Jun 22 - A A D 

You can see that rare resources are few and far between. They do not accomplish their purpose of passively bringing useful resources at a helpful rate. I am disappointed with their output to be frank. If the extractors brought back rare resources once every 2-4 days I would be inclined to say they are worth the effort.

Detonite and fieldron sort of muck up the 'rare' finds.

Generally I try to target stuff I need a lot of like Circuits or Plastids since the good stuff is so infrequent. Cause of that I just use titans and sometimes I get a pleasant surprise like an Oro Cell (vs going specifically for them).

Edited by CrimsonNightSky

Extractors are pointless. Another thing that exists in the game just to...well.....exist.... I tried using them often, they are garbage. They only bring in resources such as rebedo, allow plates, nano spores. Resources I have a few hundred thousand each of. Resources that are easy to get just by farming.  

Edited by (PS4)dA_BLoK_iS_hOt

Extractors are pointless.

It's a nice little option (and reason) for people who are only able to play the game for a limited amount of time per day to log in and get a little extra.

I do wish wish you could control what you were extracting. For example, let us get that orokin cell, but make it take 4-8 times longer to extract than say, ferrite.

It's a nice little option (and reason) for people who are only able to play the game for a limited amount of time per day to log in and get a little extra.

I do wish wish you could control what you were extracting. For example, let us get that orokin cell, but make it take 4-8 times longer to extract than say, ferrite.

See there is a logical idea. After deploying an extractor 5 times in a row on jupiter only to get allow plates every single time, i am pretty much like F it lol. 

at the cost of clicking a finger once every 7 hours or so, the results more than justifies the cost, I have 8 distilling extractors so I can constantly put them out to extract without risking them blowing up 

at the cost of clicking a finger once every 7 hours or so, the results more than justifies the cost, I have 8 distilling extractors so I can constantly put them out to extract without risking them blowing up 

From extensive usage and testing, you only need 4 extractors.

From extensive usage and testing, you only need 4 extractors.

This^^ 

Depends on what MR you are, I can have up to four extractors out at once, so I'm constantly swapping out extractors with ones that have full HP when I retrieve to not risk them blowing up.