Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox Controller Sprinting

SirNerdsAlot5

I've been using an Xbox 360 controller to play this game because the game plays so much like Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. I noticed there was a roll mechanic, but could never figure out how to use it with my controller. Today I saw the Sprint/Roll mapping option and was like, "I thought my sprint was already mapped?" So I mapped it to clicking my left thumb stick. When I tried to play all I ever did was roll and apparently had to hold the stick to sprint. I didn't like this so I tried to switch it back; it won't let me.... If I unmap the sprint function I have no sprint.

My suggestion here is that you separate the sprint and roll to two different buttons and make a toggle sprint option.

I've been using an Xbox 360 controller to play this game because the game plays so much like Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. I noticed there was a roll mechanic, but could never figure out how to use it with my controller. Today I saw the Sprint/Roll mapping option and was like, "I thought my sprint was already mapped?" So I mapped it to clicking my left thumb stick. When I tried to play all I ever did was roll and apparently had to hold the stick to sprint. I didn't like this so I tried to switch it back; it won't let me.... If I unmap the sprint function I have no sprint.

My suggestion here is that you separate the sprint and roll to two different buttons and make a toggle sprint option.

While the game supports Xbox 360 controllers it doesn't exactly... support Xbox 360 controllers. Yet.

As it stands, sprint and roll are designed to be easily used by keyboards by tapping the shift button to roll, and holding it to sprint, which is obviously why you're having your issue. Right now there are a lot of things wrong with the controller support. I'd just wait it out, as DE have larger things to worry about at the moment.

Toggle Sprint for everyone!!! that is needed so badly! 

As a separate keybind? Sure, I'd allow for sprint toggle. Don't force it on those of us that don't need it, though.

In fact, there's a bug where the game will act as if you're still holding down the sprint key, even though you're not. Tends to eat my stamina when I don't want it to. That could use a nice fix.

In fact, there's a bug where the game will act as if you're still holding down the sprint key, even though you're not. Tends to eat my stamina when I don't want it to. That could use a nice fix.

+1 to this.

Happens all the time. And as far as I can tell, the only way to cancel sprint when it does this...is to crouch, or do something else that would *force* you to stop sprinting (and afaik, crouching is the only reliable way...which unfortunately often results in you randomly sliding when you didn't mean to).

While the game supports Xbox 360 controllers it doesn't exactly... support Xbox 360 controllers. Yet.

As it stands, sprint and roll are designed to be easily used by keyboards by tapping the shift button to roll, and holding it to sprint, which is obviously why you're having your issue. Right now there are a lot of things wrong with the controller support. I'd just wait it out, as DE have larger things to worry about at the moment.

I understand that the mechanism is meant for the keyboard, but I noticed that even when my controller was toggling sprint I couldn't double click to roll. So there's a bug in there somewhere.

I understand that the mechanism is meant for the keyboard, but I noticed that even when my controller was toggling sprint I couldn't double click to roll. So there's a bug in there somewhere.

The bug is that you could toggle sprint at all. The default key bindings for a controller are messed up and allow for toggle sprint but no roll. You can probably restore to default and get the bugged controls back, that is until they fix it.

The bug is that you could toggle sprint at all. The default key bindings for a controller are messed up and allow for toggle sprint but no roll. You can probably restore to default and get the bugged controls back, that is until they fix it.

It actually took restarting my computer with the default settings loaded to"fix" it. But still separate key bindings and a toggle sprint wouldnt be bad