The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Dojo And Map Editor

Krotalon

I did a little research about this over the forums and I didn't notice other threads recently talking about usermade maps. So, when DE will release Update 8, we will get the opportunity to build our own clan station, or Dojo, as they call it. It is basically a map editor and we assemble tiles together (afaik). Great thing, that's awesome; so why not giving us the possibility to build - with nearly the same method - custom maps for 'standard' missions? And I don't mean everyone can build his own mission and play it online with rewards etc, I mean the opportunity to share maps across the forums and between players, the possibility to test it and things like these. Something like the Steam Workshop. Maybe players can vote, devs can organize map design contests and so on. What do you guys think? Would you like to have a map editor in Warframe?

And then everybody would try to make one map where there is only one room and a boss in it and the map is like 90 seconds ending. Farm it like crazy!!

I think that there needs to be an approval process by DE for suggested content.  I would not just let anyone creat a map and then it can then in turn create balance issues or detract from the central theme or design goal for Tenno progression.

More like fan made tiles sets...

The system builds maps on the fly, it doesn't accommodate pre-made maps. DE has stated that they plan to keep everything procedurally generated. Still user made tiles might be cool.

More like fan made tiles sets...

The system builds maps on the fly, it doesn't accommodate pre-made maps. DE has stated that they plan to keep everything procedurally generated. Still user made tiles might be cool.

Also this could be a great idea.