The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Pollaxe

IlIlllIO0pallaO0IlIlIlIl

Yes, it's an idea that's been brought up many times, but I wanted to give you all my take on it.

There is definitely an attractiveness of a melee weapon that can attack Toxic Ancients from safe distance and interrupt charging shield grineers. I wouldn't go far as to say attacking a heavy grineer outside the AOE distance...because that would be just silly.

Build 1:

The normal attacks would be similar to that of a Bo, but slighly lower in damage and lower swing rate. This would make it not as effective as a normal swing attack weapon.

It has a narrow AOE charge attack with a axe-swing-down animation. It has long range, large damage: 300, and same charging speed as Scindo.

The reason for this is that this weapon should be a specialty weapon that is heavily situational: at killing enemies that would be dangerous to engage in close melee combat. Really, other than that, the length of the weapon and the added weight of the axe should make it ineffective against other enemies.

Build 2:

Another take on this weapon would be higher fire rate, lower damage, and high stun rate. This way, you can keep enemies at safe distance without being in danger yourself.

Poleaxe

Poll, this is where you take other peoples opinions.

Pole, this is where you make your opinions understood by hitting them with this item.

I thought Pole-axe too, but Wikipedia-I know they are NEVER WRONG-told me otherwise

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollaxe

Minor details aside, what's your opinion on the weapon?