The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give New Players More Mk-1 Guns

Fuzzykat

New players start with one primary weapon and face relatively expensive blueprints, materials or flat credit costs to get their next weapon. This may entice them to the cash shop but it also might lead them to quit with the lack of variety.

Give starting players a Braton MK-1, Strun MK-1 and Latron MK-1 to give them some variety in fighting style instead of hoping they play for long enough to afford and construct a BP or drop $15 on a weapon.

The MK-1 aren't downgrades. The Braton MK-1 isn't simply a weaker version of the Braton, it's a lower damage gun with higher accuracy and something else.

It's a trade-off. I don't think we need side-grades of weapons, I'd rather see new weapons instead.

The MK-1 aren't downgrades. The Braton MK-1 isn't simply a weaker version of the Braton, it's a lower damage gun with higher accuracy and something else.

It's a lower damage per shot, lower rate of fire gun without a polarity. It's a downgrade no matter how you try to spin it.

It used to be a straight downgrade, lower rate of fire, lower damage and same stats otherwise. It's actually quiet unique now, the low firerate combined with the higher accuracy make it a valid choice even in late game missions as it allows to keep the gun on the head (or other weakspots) without missing a shot. It pretty much does what the Burston is advertised as, a middleground between the (full featured) Braton and the semi auto Latron.

If the stats go back to the old set (direct downgrade) than I'd say yes, we need more MK.I variants, as has been suggested before and I've voiced my support back than. But in it's current form it's not a direct downgrade, even if it's not quiet as powerful as a normal Braton.

its not a downgrade, the braton is an upgrade, hate to be pedantic but yea

and although i can see the OPs point, i personaly dont agree. most players who are joining are doing so becase of their friends, they play together and credits flow fast and free, 50k for a gun isnt all that much in that scenario.

Add to this the fact that you get a guarneteed chronus blueprint on the *thinks* 5th level? most ppl would be looking at buying a new wep by that point anyway. If your going to do that then maybe it should be that instead of the guarenteed chronus you get one of maybe 5 weapons, Bolto - burstron - that shotgun - single heat dagger - chronus. That way plays get somthing that they can work on but not feel restricted

Anyway, let's get back on topic.

I think perhaps if there were more MK-1 weapons, and the players could choose them in a similar way they chose their first Warframe, it would perhaps make new players a lot happier. Maybe even do the same thing for secondaries and melee, who knows.

i can use MK1 to score a constant headshot at a range of a snipetron. do not spin it, use it to shoot something instead.

on serious note, i really am able to keep headshoting stuffs in that very long range with MK1, which is a great dmg buff compared to normal Braton, coupled with more mag size and max ammo pull, it's more accurate, more efficient.

it depends on how people use it. and as for me, it's superior to normal Braton in term of efficiency as i can use it the most of it compared to the standard Braton at long range.

as for the weapons BP in the market, the DEvs already said that it will be re-tweaked, see the Community Hot Topic section for more info here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/79-community-hot-topics/

so instead of suggesting for more weapons, i want to suggest the community to suggest how to make a better weapon market system instead.

Edited by Adagio