The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Particle Effects On Recent Official Youtube Videos

Vanadio

Nothing new, it has always been there.

You just need a NVIDIA graphics card for the effect, also known as PhysX.

Unfortunately my computer's installed with Radeon so I can't quite enjoy those awesome 'particles'.

Sad me is sad.

Edited by Pull

Those particle effects are already in the game, and are what you get with PhysX activated. Unfortunately, you need an NVIDIA card to activate PhysX.

Edit: Ninja'd three times before I posted, apparently. I think I might need some sleep. : P

Edited by Quetzhal

OMFG

*shutdown pc, says hello to collegues, goes buy nvidia card*

It's one of the main reasons I always roll with nVidia for my system, they're oftentimes more expensive, but the cards get PhysX support. I remember way back when they first bought PhysX from the original developers and it wasn't used in ANY popular titles for a good few years. They really made some nice work out of it after that death period.

If you're an eye-candy type of person and have some spare money to throw at your rig, why not? I wouldn't like to glorify it though: it's nothing game changing, just some shiny particles. :D

You do not underestimate the power of shiny. : |

Don't hurt me, I didn't mean to.. D:!

I bought my first ever ATI card 2 months ago, after years of NVIDIA.

I'm regretting this after only 2 months.

Not to tell you about random BLACK screen I get from this ATI... oh well...

I've only had an ATI card once, it wasn't actually that long ago, it was actually okay though, I just prefer the luxury of nVidia.

To keep things rather on topic, I would like to see more use of Physx. If you've ever played Borderlands 2, or seen the PhysX demonstrated in it, then you know what the full capabilities of PhysX really are. I think it could make the game look pretty damn fabulous.

can we have the 512mb limit removed? :(

I got a GTS 450 DDR5 512MB :/

Without access to their info.

I doubt that will happen, because if you get bad performance, you (the player in general) are not gonna blame your card for it, you are going to blame DE.

Hence the limit :)

Without access to their info.

I doubt that will happen, because if you get bad performance, you (the player in general) are not gonna blame your card for it, you are going to blame DE.

Hence the limit :)

What?... who the **** does that?

So because I can't max out crysis 3, I should blame crytek?

I fail to see how you can find people as stupid as you described.

Planetside 2 has physx unlocked for everyone, the performance is s****y when it is enabled [even when it is not], but I will not blame the developers for that...

What?... who the **** does that?

So because I can't max out crysis 3, I should blame crytek?

I fail to see how you can find people as stupid as you described.

Planetside 2 has physx unlocked for everyone, the performance is s****y when it is enabled [even when it is not], but I will not blame the developers for that...

Look around you on game forums, its the "sad" reality :/

Boycott nvidia. PhysX does not work on AMD cards because of nvidia being evil greedy money-grabbing and unfriendly to compertition. Everything PhysX does can be done with AMD cards but nvidia does not allow programs written with PhysX access.

Both new consoles are AMD so expect game makers to target PC AMD graphics and not bother with PhysX.

Boycott nvidia. PhysX does not work on AMD cards because of nvidia being evil greedy money-grabbing and unfriendly to compertition. Everything PhysX does can be done with AMD cards but nvidia does not allow programs written with PhysX access.

Both new consoles are AMD so expect game makers to target PC AMD graphics and not bother with PhysX.

Just a heads-up. AMD/ATI cards do not have the required hardware to run PhysX. It's not just about blanket processing power.