Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposal: Scaling Defense Mission Rewards, Rewarding Multiple Mods

Qb3rt

Plenty have mentioned that rewards should scale, and I agree.... but I'm not just proposing Wave 15 giving better mod rewards than Wave 5 or 10 ... but rather that the rewards be more strictly structured even beyond Wave 15.

I personally disliked the change to allow all loot to be retained even when failing defense missions. I thought that DE took a lot of the risk/reward element out of the gameplay that made it so unique when they did. But that's done with. To return some of that risk/reward I suggest scaling Waves 20/25/etc. with multiple rare mod rewards.

The change would be pretty minor and the system would work like this:

Wave 5: Guaranteed Common Mod

Wave 10: Guaranteed Uncommon Mod

Wave 15: Guaranteed Rare Mod

Wave 20: Guaranteed 2 Rare Mods

Wave 25: Guaranteed 3 Rare Mods

Wave 30: Guaranteed 4 Rare Mods

...etc

The beauty is its simplicity. The idea being that the further into the defense mission you go, the more rare mods you risk if you fail.... reintroducing the risk element lost after the recent change.

And if that is a bit heavy on the reward scale then something like this would work too:

Wave 20: Guaranteed Rare Mod + Uncommon Mod

Wave 25: Guaranteed 2 Rare Mods

Wave 30: Guaranteed 2 Rare Mods + 1 Uncommon Mod

Wave 35: Guaranteed 3 Rare Mods

...etc

Thoughts? Yea? Nay? Go fly a kite?

Edited by Qb3rt

Plenty have mentioned that rewards should scale, and I agree.... but I'm not just proposing Wave 15 giving better mod rewards than Wave 5 or 10 ... but rather that the rewards be more strictly structured even beyond Wave 15.

I personally disliked the change to allow all loot to be retained even when failing defense missions. I thought that DE took a lot of the risk/reward element out of the gameplay that made it so unique when they did. But that's done with. To return some of that risk/reward I suggest scaling Waves 20/25/etc. with multiple rare mod rewards.

The change would be pretty minor and the system would work like this:

Wave 20: Guaranteed 2 Rare Mods

Wave 25: Guaranteed 3 Rare Mods

Wave 30: Guaranteed 4 Rare Mods

...etc

The beauty is its simplicity. The idea being that the further into the defense mission you go, the more rare mods you risk if you fail.... reintroducing the risk element lost after the recent change.

And if that is a bit heavy on the reward scale then something like this would work too:

Wave 20: Guaranteed Rare Mod + Uncommon Mod

Wave 25: Guaranteed 2 Rare Mods

Wave 30: Guaranteed 2 Rare Mods + 1 Uncommon Mod

Wave 35: Guaranteed 3 Rare Mods

...etc

Thoughts? Yea? Nay? Go fly a kite?

the amount of rare mods for the levels are way to many but the idea is nice... another thing that they could implement is a credit reward system??!? 

I like the general idea of getting multiple reward mods at the end of a high wave defense missions. Right now I just play until the first rare mod pops up. So there is no motivation to go further. A little motivation would be to increase to amoun of rewards up to 3.

E.g. you get 1 mod for wave 5, 10 and 15. Two mods for 20, 25 and 30. And finally 3 mods for any 5 waves above 30 waves.

But nothing like guaranteed mod rarities. Thats a bit too much to ask for. Keep the rarity the way it is right now just increase the amount of mods awarded for those who survive long enough.