Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Final Boss Idea

Ganpot

Okay, so there are a lot of complaints about the current boss fights being very plain.  The boss tends to just have a ton of health (and usually, quickly regenerating shields).  So I've thought up an interesting and fun boss fight. 

You ready for this?  The boss is a giant roller.  Like, 20 times the size of a normal one.  And for every 1% of damage it takes (of it's total health), smaller rollers split off of it.  However, these aren't just regular rollers.  Oh no no no, they're 2 times as large as normal rollers, have 10 times the health, and for every 20% damage they take, they split off 5 regular rollers. 

For its part, the giant roller continually moves around trying to crush players, but will also do a ground pound move every once in a while.  This move covers a massive area, and instead of knocking players down (like most ground pounds in the game), it just inflicts massive damage and restores 1% of the giant roller's health (per person hit). 

But I haven't even gotten to the best part yet.  This boss fight only takes place in a special (large) room.  There is no cover, but the floor is made up of vents.  Every 60 seconds (starting at the beginning of the fight), random vents are activated and coat areas of the floor in lava.  Naturally, all of the rollers are immune to this damage, but players are not (it is not an instant kill, but comparable to the hazards on fire missions currently).  The idea is to transform the entire area into an ever-changing maze. 

So, what do you think?  Sounds awesome, right?

Edited by Ganpot

This would only be a challenge if all the rollers had Grakatas that shot poison.

Also leech osprey flood the room constantly.

Gentlemen, please congratulate yourselves.  These are both wonderful ideas.  There should also be a chance for a small roller to be spawned as a suicide unit, and explode in someone's face instead of just staggering a player. 

I would love this fight. I don't care how annoyingly bad it will be but it should happen.

I'm going to be honest here.  I started this thread as a joke due to boredom while stuck in a mission as Update 8 was being applied.  If you do the math, my plan would spawn 2,500 small rollers in total.  But frankly, the more I think about it, the more I would actually want to see this in-game. 

Edited by Ganpot