Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Laptop Problems Part 3.

JaysInc

So this is like the third time I came to this forum to ask what's wrong with my laptop and how do I fix it.

So this time, my laptop will randomly shut-down (or if I can say that) and will turn back on by itself. But what I do notice is that the following things will happen:

>It will go off with no warning

>Once it turns back on, all the programs that were currently running will still be there.

>>It will also go to the lock-screen, skipping the standard Windows 8 Boot screen.

The reason why I'm not sure if it's shutting down by itself is that it doesn't go to the Windows 8 boot screen when it turns back on, and the only time it will go to the lock-screen is if I leave it on sleep mode.

So I'm asking if there's any possible fix.

Also, forgive me if I don't respond since it's late at night and I'm about to head to bed.

When it closes, does it completely close or just enter hibernation ?

I guess, you can go to your control panel and tweak your power option plan settings, or run an anti-virus scan, or just blame it on windows 8. :x

Edited by -CM-Tiffany

When it closes, does it completely close or just enter hibernation ?

I guess, you can go to your control panel and tweak your power option plan settings, or run an anti-virus scan, or just blame it on windows 8. :x

If you mean the laptop, I don't close the laptop. If you mean the applications, they remain the same when that problem happened.