Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frustration With De.

ProfessorMeeseeks

To me alert "?" missions seem like something which forces me to play warframe at times when I dont/cant play it. When an alert ? pops up I might be :

1. At work

2. Watching a movie at a theatre

3. Playing a pvp game like MOBA

Will I abort that task and run back home to play warframe ? Nope.

Will I leave a MOBA match to play Warframe ? Again no, there are serious penalties for doing that. Even if there arent, you spoil the game for 4 other players, which is outright unethical.

I dont want a game to take control of my life, I would like a game which I can play when I want it. I have no problems with lot of effort required to get a reward, as long as its not tied to stupid RNG, and warframe is, unfortunately, a new synonym for RNG.

Online computer games kind of all work the same and have rare and hard to obtain stuff.  Now you know and knowing is half the battle.  Happy hunting Tenno.

And that "hard" to obtain stuff can be worked around if you have some friends who are competent players and know correct strategies of beating specific bosses which drops that stuff. Unlike warframe where anything can drop anything, aside from some faction based drop chances (which arent that significant).

And how to get those friends ? By actually meeting them during the game and probably playing with them. When I played WoW I was in a guild within few minutes (or maybe an hour) of my playtime and made lots of friends.

I have been playing warframe for like 20 days now, and I hardly know anyone. There is no need to communicate in between missions, cuz all of them are point -> shoot -> pick_mods -> get_to_extraction. Its like playing a single player game with lots of farming which just sounds silly, and feels silly.