Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Okokin Tile-Set Bug/optimization Problem

Voqics

So I usually get around 30-40 fps in this game, but the Orokin tile-set and that new Corpus hangar tile bring me down to 4-8 and its terribly annoying because these new areas are so pretty, but I can't enjoy them like this.  I can't even hit the corrupted Osprey guys, they just jump across my screen randomly (not that you need to kill them, the other corrupted are so weak).  I was wondering if this is a bug on my install or just poor optimization in general, I run on medium setting with color correction off and bloom on if that helps.

Edit: well the title says Okokin with a k, so you can all make fun of me now

Edited by Voqics

lol, Okokin~

anyways, Was this played hosted or solo~?

keep in mind that online play with others might slow you down~

try reducing your graphics to see if it changes anything~

good luck fellow Tenno~

I was all alone, in solo mode.  I kept checking chat because i thought I had accidentally invited someone with terrible internet, but no, just painfully low fps

I'm not getting as serious a performance dock as you are in solo, but it's noticeable - knocking me down from 40-60 avg down to 20-30.
But then there was that time when I tried to do an Exterminate II mission with a friend and ALL 148 ENEMIES CAME THROUGH THE DOOR AT ONCE.  My FPS dropped to something like 2 and I died.  Suffice it to say we haven't tried that again.

From my experience of the void Orokin Temple~

I think the cause might be the over overabundance of water effects~

water effects usually take up alot of fps~

but then again I could be wrong really haha there's alot of things goin on in that place~

though I always feel like I'm in a giant toilet or sewer system with all that water~

From my experience of the void Orokin Temple~

I think the cause might be the over overabundance of water effects~

water effects usually take up alot of fps~

but then again I could be wrong really haha there's alot of things goin on in that place~

though I always feel like I'm in a giant toilet or sewer system with all that water~

Eh, I'm not so sure.  I think it might have to do with the mapping of the surfaces.  There are a LOT of fancy shaders coating every surface in the Orokin tileset, while the water isn't actually a fluid simulation, it's just a pretty particle effect.  And if particle effects were going to lag my game, then my game would've lagged when I stuck five Tesla grenades to my Rhino buddy and had him run into an army of Corpus.