Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Scorpions: This Is What Happens When You Teach A Machine To Hate

Kiteless

I hope every single one of them is forced to die repeatedly in a never-ending lag spike.

Their ability to grab you from across entire rooms and through walls is ridiculous. It's like DE's way of telling us that we shouldn't complain about rollers.

I have a theory. Deep, deep down, at the very bottom of the depths of DE's offices, sits, alone in a room, a single, evil, ancient machine running on Windows ME (by far the most evil of operating systems). Day in and day out, it is constantly  taunted and tortured with poor code and a lack of software updates.

On the unfortunate occasion that a poorly trained intern ends up accidentally finding this room, he unwillingly releases the newest machination of this beast. It is already too late for the intern. By time he returns to the surface world, he will be but a hollow shell of himself, carrying with him the newest machination of terror on a 3.5" floppy that has been carefully assembled so that this evil machine may share its hatred with the world.

And this time, it was the Grineer Scorpion.

Oh dear lord don't get me started on those guys.

No need for line of sight? Check

Long stun? Check

Instant? Check

Undodgable? Check

No way to anticipate? Check

Chain stunnable? Double check

Super common? CHECK

Mix all these simple ingredients together and you get a terribly designed, counterless enemy!

Sorry to ask but who is this guy?

She throws a grappling hook thing at you and yanks you towards her.  You can't dodge it, it can go through walls, doesn't require LoS, and can be done repeatedly leading to stunlocking.  It is by far the worst enemy in the game.  Worse than Rollers, Sticky Rollers (whatever their names actually are), or Chargers.

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one. At first I was like,

"Why am I falling like I've been knocked down. Wait, why can't I stop tripping?!?".

Then I saw one and figured it out. Grineer Scorpions are okay, just that whole dragging you even if they don't notice you. One Grineer Scorpion walked across the hall, never noticed me, I come around corner, she drags me the whole hallway, then when I get up she turns around and knocks me down again lol.

The worst is when three or 4 grab u and then here comes a Grineer Scorch. They are like toxic ancients on faster and longer range with that flame thrower.