Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC - XBox Controller

Kordo

Hello.

Some of the players and i think thy are a lot... are used to play from a game pad, i curently play only via xbox controller, and i use the mouse to navigate the menius.

It woud be realy sweet that we coud see more optimisation for the controller, like the buttons icons will pop out instead of the keyboard ones in gameplay/training etc.

Or to give some shortcuts direction from controller like : press this and this and teammates can hear "Fallow me" ...something like that.

I know it coud be hard to use the controller in the meniu to but that woud be realy a blast.

So far osome game, i realy hope soon we coud get instant que into misions :D

Game already suports the gamepad...but in a very rudimentary way. it should show you in game that the controls change from Shift /Ctrl / space to... RS/LF/ A / B etc... u get the ideea.

#

Gold Novice

,i realy hate to use some programs for something that can be put ingame by default

Edited by Kordo

Game already suports the gamepad...but in a very rudimentary way. it should show you in game that the controls change from Shift /Ctrl / space to... RS/LF/ A / B etc... u get the ideea.

#

Gold Novice

,i realy hate to use some programs for something that can be put ingame by default

Except warframe was developed on PC and not consoles, so gamepad isn't "default".

I never knew gamepad didn't work for hacking and menus. Menus aren't such a big deal, as you'll end up with buggy mouse and button interactions like in Borderlands 2. But for hacking that pretty much sucks. Hopefully DE fixes it and makes it just as easy to do on the gamepad.

The only reason I haven't bought any plat is waiting to see if they'll fully support controllers. I don't want to get too invested if they deiced not to.

That's silly. Of course they're going to support it. It's a beta. A VAST majority of players use mice/keyboards to play, and when it come to prioritizing as a developer- demographics matter. Not that us controller people are second-class citizens or anything; I'm sure it's just a work in progress.

Now I'm playing warframe on 40 inch TV, and xbox 360 gamepad support would be pretty nice,but pressing LS for dodging isn't very comfortable,actually it is pretty useless,but if it was the b button like those in hack and slash games it'be more useful.BTW congrats,still in closed beta and looks and plays very well.

A bit of control customization would go a long way. I am much MUCH better with the keyboard and mouse than I am with a gamepad, but sometimes I just want to flop on a sofa and be lazy. The controls as they are now are tolerable, but doing some things like slide shooting and proper dodging tests finger dexterity more than it needs to.

How things are now works, but there's no reason to not toss in some customization.

• 3 months later...

I just want to add to this. I still can't bind 2 actions to 1 button. example would be the reload + the interact button. Can't we have the option to bind two actions into 1? at the moment, I use joytokey to fix this issue. I use an xbox controller. Another issue is the rolling/dodge button, which is also the sprint button. Issues with this is when you're trying to remove the bombs or the leeches you need to roll but you can't because when you press the roll button, you just end up sprinting.If it's difficult to program the sprint and roll button wouldn't it be better to have a separate button 4 it? At the moment, I have to  press on my keyboard to roll, which is annoying. I would rather assign a button on the controller. I understand it's hard though because there are so many buttons but there is a proper solution for this. Another issue is the item ingame menu can only be accessed with the mouse as well as the hacking minigame. I have to switch to my mouse just to select items in the item menu and to do the hacking mini game. 

While we are here, it would be nice to investigate the sprint a little. Toggle sprint is fine, though I wish there was an option to allow for 'hold to sprint'. I have a terrible attention span as is and having to manage my sprint in between firefights is tedious and I do not enjoy having that as an only option for gamepad. I agree with the roll button thing too, or make better use of the sprint/roll button. As a suggestion, maybe double tap sprint in preferred roll direction?

The only reason I haven't bought any plat is waiting to see if they'll fully support controllers. I don't want to get too invested if they deiced not to.

I've already spent more than 110 hours in mission with a controller. And it's highly playable.